Fullstack Software Engineer
ABOUT DOPPLERDoppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage app config and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either , or that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app config and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the secrets manager built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in .
THE ROLEWe are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who can own projects from their inception, starting with nothing more than an idea. You will be designing both frontend and backend architectures, while promoting secure engineering practices in a fast-paced development environment. Typically these projects range across the stack, from architecting our React frontend, to extending functionality within our secrets engine that manages highly sensitive data. Beyond the technical requirements, we love working with engineers who care about the user experiences they create. Part of what makes Doppler loved by its users is Doppler's simplicity and intuitiveness, and we hope you can help carry that torch.
- 3+ years of experience designing and building backend web services (we use Go/Node.js/Express)
- 3+ years of experience debugging, optimizing and identifying failure modes in large-scale web applications
- Experience using Docker and CI/CD flows
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres)
- Experience with designing REST API's
- Experience working on an encryption as a service solution
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- Experience defining SLOs and implementing monitoring, alerting, and runbooks
- Managed a large scale monolith server
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Designed large scale React apps
- Managed a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- 100% Remote
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation Bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Genuine Friendships
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
CLOSINGWe know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tell us in your cover letter what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Doppler - we do love a good story.
Doppler is proud to be an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.