We're looking for a Community Manager who is experienced with growing, nurturing, and measuring the health and success of global developer communities.
We want to expand the ways in which we connect with developers and continually improve our ability to interact with the developer audience day-to-day.
We're looking for someone who is interested in program and event management, and who loves bringing new ideas to the table, trying them out, and learning and iterating on the experience.
We're a lean team, so everyone in Ionic Developer Relations gets involved to help out with DevRel initiatives.
The person filling this role can expect to dip their toes into other areas of DevRel as well.
Outcomes In your role as Community Manager, you'll be measured on your ability to: Grow Ionic's online community presence and engagement worldwide Connect with and activate community advocates and content creators Assist developers with Q..
At Ionic, we're expanding our Developer Relations team to better connect with our large community of developers online, worldwide. We’re looking for a Community Manager who is experienced with growing, nurturing, and measuring the health and success of global developer communities. We want to expand the ways in which we connect with developers and continually improve our ability to interact with the developer audience day-to-day. We’re looking for someone who is interested in program and event management, and who loves bringing new ideas to the table, trying them out, and learning and iterating on the experience.We’re a lean team, so everyone in Ionic Developer Relations gets involved to help out with DevRel initiatives. The person filling this role can expect to dip their toes into other areas of DevRel as well (e.g., writing blog posts, assisting with internal and external events and livestreams, and more).OutcomesIn your role as Community Manager, you’ll be measured on your ability to:• Grow Ionic’s online community presence and engagement worldwide
• Connect with and activate community advocates and content creators
• Assist developers with Q&A, written and video resources, and more
• Grow Ionic’s community through sponsorship and engagement in popular developer events
• Grow and maintain community-focused programs and content campaignsResponsibilitiesYour areas of ownership will include:• Creating, owning, maintaining, and growing Ionic’s developer community programs, such as ambassador / experts programs, community moderators, etc.
• Managing, maintaining, and growing Ionic’s online developer community tools and platforms, such as the forum, real-time chat communities, etc.
• Assisting with planning and organizing Ionic events, such as Ioniconf, quarterly launch events, and more
• Creating and executing new strategies and campaigns to engage, connect, and interact actively with the Ionic developer community (email-based, forum-based, social media, etc.)
• Assisting the VP of Developer Relations with planning and management of conference and event sponsorship selection, deliverables, and logistics
• Strategizing, advising, and guiding Ionic Developer Relations’ community growth goals and plans
• Working closely with the VP of Developer Relations and Developer Advocates on the team, as well as cross-functionally with teams across the Ionic organization (including but not limited to Marketing, Content, CEO, Product, Engineering, etc.)ExperienceTo qualify for this role, you’ll benefit from having:• Experience in Developer Relations with managing and growing tech communities and programs online
• A strong interest in growth, experimentation, and proving experiments through metrics
• Ability to both bring forward new ideas and also execute them
• A high degree of empathy with developers and care deeply about the developer experience
• Effective writing, editing, and communication skillsLocation
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.Reporting to: Vice President of Developer Relations
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. Who we are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications. In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love. Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.#Location
Madison, WI - HQSee more jobs at Ionic