Social Media Manager 🔥
Your Classmates (The Team):You will join the Seesaw Community team. This role will be a combination of independent work and close collaboration with members of the Community Team. You will also interact closely with social media contractors who monitor our Seesaw Community Facebook groups.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Dedication to community engagement: You will closely monitor all community channels and respond to questions, comments, and requests (working hours and a few weekend check ins). You will establish relationships with active community members, assist them, and work to troubleshoot issues.
- Content creation and distribution: You will plan, create, and distribute content that celebrates our teacher community, our community programs, and important community messages.
- Differentiated content development: You must understand each social channel and be excited to produce differentiated content that emphasizes channel-native concepts.
- Brand focus with lens on global community: You will ensure all online efforts and messaging are consistent with Seesaw’s values, overall story, voice, and brand personality. You will also create inclusive, high-value posts for Community members around the world and possibly in other languages. These posts must be culturally responsive, respectful, and based on Seesaw’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Represent the community internally: You will be the voice of the community in internal communications, sharing ideas, trends, feedback, pain points, requests, and more.
- Data driven with a test and learn mindset: You must listen closely to our community across all channels. You will report and analyze metrics to guide and optimize your social media strategy. You will escalate and flag issues as needed to keep the community a trusted space.
- You should know how to create social media assets and feel comfortable using Canva or other design services to create content for emails, social media posts, slide decks, snail mail etc.
- You should be familiar with social media posting & scheduling software such as Repost, Later, Tweetdeck etc.
- You are willing to go the extra mile to serve our community of educators, including an adjusted work schedule to manage social sweeps on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter. You must be able to make decisions independently, deliver work rapidly, and have a hands-on approach. You should also be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects without close supervision.
- You have strong planning and organizational skills. Innovative problem solver with a finger on the pulse of what our community needs. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You’re the first person to notice a typo and you’re effective in owning the Seesaw brand voice in all communications.
- You have strong interpersonal skills. You will be a valued teammate who can effectively collaborate across the team and cross-functional departments. You must also treat educators with kindness, patience, and respect - throughout every interaction.
- You have excellent judgement that includes knowing when to escalate and how to prioritize.
- You bring your authentic self every day, you think outside the box, you are experimental, playful, and aren’t afraid to try something new.
- Experience as a social media manager
- You have managed a social media strategy and execution at at least one previous company.
- Outstanding writing, grammar, and copy editing skills tailored for social content.
- Proficient in social media publishing, measurement tools, data analysis, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, media, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Social media certifications
- Digital marketing certifications
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.