Sourcing Specialist 🔥
Who We Are
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For more than 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
Are you interested in a career with an organization that combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology? FIRST is seeking an experienced International Strategic Sourcing professional adept with import/export compliance and customs regulations. Your experience should encompass multiple product/multiple country shipping including extensive freight forward experience. Our ideal candidate has strong organization skills and will support the internal/external compliance program ensuring both shipments and FIRST are adhering to customs regulations.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
- Coordinates all export/import regulatory compliance activities including, but not limited, to classification for: product Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and harmonized tariff; country of origin determination; product valuation reporting; export license application; end use export statement review; and destination screenings
- Leads all aspects of the international shipping process: freight fowarder, broker, and carrier relationships; timely transit/route tracking reporting and delay resolution; international document and electronic filings; cost saving opportunities; and process improvements for enhanced quality and service
- Issues Purchase Orders and/or Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) for required commodities/services
- Engages with engineers for seasonal sourcing demands of fabricated and electrical parts, and solve sourcing related issues between suppliers and various internal departments
- Maintains FIRST Export Management and Compliance Program documentation
- Serves as organization-wide logistics resource
- BA/BS in related field with 5 years directly related experience or a master’s degree and 3 years previous experience
- Import/Export experience required
- Customs regulations and broker relationships knowledge
- Excellence in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- Innovative approach to problem solving with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to comprehend drawings, specifications, and other engineering documents
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an.