Rebate Processing Specialist 🔥
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Rebate Processing Specialist is an integral part of the Center for Sustainable Energy’s clean vehicle rebate programs, and works with team members to efficiently and accurately process rebate applications. The Rebate Processing Specialist provides phone and email support to rebate applicants in both English and Mandarin.
*** Remote due to COVID 19.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process clean vehicle rebate applications using a customized Salesforce.com CRM system and other computer systems
- Follow detailed, standard practices and operating procedures to review rebate applications and varied, complex supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Make quick, consistent decisions following detailed program terms and conditions to determine rebate applicant eligibility
- Provide technical support to applicants for the online application and document submission processes
- Explain complex project requirements to applicants on the phone and in writing
- Use good judgment when speaking with applicants about non-public personal information
- Handle highly-sensitive documents that contain non-public personal information, following mandatory security processes
- Use template-based and customized emails to communicate professionally and accurately with rebate applicants
- Prepare and mail rebate checks to rebate applicants
- Work effectively with fellow team members to complete rebate processing tasks, assisting others when opportunities arise
- Identify issues which may require deviation from standard practices and work with team leads to implement solutions
- Communicate with the CVRP operations team leads and operations managers to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements
- Organize, scan, file, and store hardcopy rebate applications
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience in office/clerical work, customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience
- Associate of Arts degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to understand processes at a conceptual level, execute them correctly in an internet browser-based system, and ask questions when in doubt
- Ability to organize tasks in a way that suits your work style, accommodates your team members, and complies with required processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate facts and constraints effectively verbally and in writing, even during difficult conversations
- Ability to complete assigned work accurately and on time
- Ability to identify alternative solutions to assigned issues and recommend course of action
- Intermediate ability to navigate in Adobe Acrobat PDF files
- Intermediate ability to follow processes and execute tasks in an internet browser-based system
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows 7
- Basic knowledge of customer service principles, project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles preferred
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and climate change preferred
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies preferred
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) preferred
- Income verification or mortgage processing experience a plus