Community Growth Manager
The Curriculum (Your Role):We are looking for a Community Growth Manager to join the Seesaw Community Team. You will parse through data daily, identify gaps and develop growth strategy. Your main goal will be to grow Seesaw across schools that are hardest to reach. You must be data-driven and uniquely motivated by problems that are difficult to solve. Do you have a track record of innovative ideas that captivate educators? The ideal candidate is an expert project manager, who can take a strategy, create key milestones, decide individual tactics, and then execute. You also must be proactive, organized, priority-focused, and an excellent communicator with impeccable follow-through.
Your Classmates (The Team):You will join the Seesaw Community team. This role will be a combination of independent work and close collaboration with members of the Community Team, Revenue Marketing Team, and Data Analytics
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Strategic project management: You will be expected to take strategy and build a growth-oriented proposal that starts with data-driven goals and includes clear deliverables, key milestones, and weekly tactics.
- Manage operational tasks: Some existing community projects will be transitioning into operational-mode. You will be expected to support this operational transition, streamline any inefficiencies, and keep these programs moving at an operational capacity.
- Regularly dive deep into data: You will work closely with our data analyst to inform growth-related areas of opportunity and will closely track this growth on a weekly basis. This data will be tracked week over week and will inform your projects and next steps.
- Constantly iterate, learn, and grow: You will always be learning in this job. You must be adaptable, receptive to feedback, and malleable. If something isn’t working, you’re quick to notice, and you’re excellent at applying those lessons to your work in real time.
- Strong understanding of customer needs: You’re not afraid to host 1:1 interviews, surveys, focus groups and more to understand varying needs and challenges across our diverse global audience. When numbers aren’t growing in the ways you expect, you aren’t afraid to jump into the weeds to better understand the problem.
- Pleasant and proactive communication: Being a strong communicator will be necessary in this role. You will be expected to present project status updates weekly. You will also work cross-functionally to establish project buy-in and connect with key partners to help you execute on your goal successfully.
- You’re data-driven and comfortable with tools like Google Sheets, Salesforce, Geopointe, and Rockset. You will use data to inform future decisions or segmentation choices.
- You’re curious. You want to know what works, what doesn't, and why. You’re excited to try something new, and you’re constantly looking for new ways to improve.
- You are personable. You listen well. Your actions match your words so when you make a promise you keep it. As a result, people like, trust, and rely on you.
- You have demonstrated experience in complex project management. You can lead projects that involve influencing and coordinating the actions of people outside your direct control - inside Seesaw and out.
- You are an action-oriented strategist. You can shift seamlessly between high-level strategy and execution work and are meticulously detail oriented and organized.
- You have a strong desire to use your skills to help support school leaders, including administrators, principals, coaches, and teachers. You are also passionate about growing customer communities and engaging customers within them.
- You take initiative and can prioritize across competing goals. You are very comfortable with ambiguity and are un-phased by rapidly changing environments.
- You are willing to go the extra mile to serve our community of educators.
- 3+ years of experience in B2B demand generation marketing (Education or EdTech marketing experience is a bonus) OR 3+ years of professional experience in a client-facing marketing strategy role or account management role
- Experience successfully developing and leading multi-phase projects with diverse stakeholders
- Experience writing email copy and promotional copy (for social posts/ virtual events/ webinars/ etc)
- Multilingual candidates are a plus
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.