Director Of Finance
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
- Provide guidance and leadership regarding the financial policies, processes and systems for a $7.5M organization with 72% of its revenue from government grants and contracts;
- Oversee Finance team, currently including Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant and Grant Financial Manager;
- Manage all financial operations of the organization including cash management, accounting (processing, reporting and closing daily/monthly/annually), forecasting, and risk management activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and rules for non-profits;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; maintain and refine the Finance Department’s overall policy and procedures manual;
- Provide high level financial reporting, analysis, and modeling to the Executive Director and Board of Directors to help ensure the financial health of the organization;
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED, with support from the Director of Grants and Director of Operations;
- In coordination with Program Directors develop program and department budgets including cost allocation plan;
- Oversee grant financial manager in preparation and maintenance of labor budget projection, as well as creation of budgets for grant proposals and budget revisions;
- Analyze monthly expenses and oversee the closing of each month;
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting materials for government, foundation, and private grants, ensuring that expenditures are aligned with grant and program budgets;
- Oversee payroll processing, ensuring accurate and timely payments in accordance with best practices, local laws and regulations, and Ayuda policies;
- Work with operations department to ensure financial compliance related to issues of benefits, personnel policies, and employee handbook are accurate;
- Lead the organization’s annual Audit preparation and manage the ongoing relationship with the external auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements;
- Oversee all tax return activities;
- Ensure that finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with strong internal controls, and monitor the use of all funds.
- A strong commitment to Ayuda’s mission and core values
- Accounting or Finance degree required; CPA preferred
- Knowledge and experience with government funding
- Significant knowledge and experience in accounting, budgeting and finance
- Proven organizational and leadership skills
- Strong manager of people
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience in finance and accounting, including experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience successfully managing financial audits
- Experience with Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreements preferred
- Knowledge and experience implementing and using Sage Intacct software preferred
- Strong Excel skills needed
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
This position can be remote, but may require in-office work on some occasions.
Please apply with resume: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/652788/Ayuda/Director-of-Finance and cover letter. Work samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We believe that a diversity of experiences, opinions, and backgrounds is integral to achieving our mission and vision. We celebrate diversity and seek to leverage the passion, energy, and ideas of a culturally diverse team.