Learning Systems and Evaluation Analyst
Summary: Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to create a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind.
Our Built for Zero team is working with about 125 communities across the US and around the world to build a movement against homleessness.
Fourteen communities have already ended veteran and/or chronic homelessness.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized individual to join the Learning Systems.
This position establishes a Built for Zero staff person accountable for supporting the creation and constantly improving upon a standardized approach to learning across all Built for Zero portfolios while also supporting knowledge capture and dissemination for targeted strategic learning questions.
Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to create a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. Our Built for Zero team is working with about 125 communities across the US and around the world to build a movement against homleessness. Fourteen communities have already ended veteran and/or chronic homelessness.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized individual to join the Learning Systems & Evaluation portfolio on the energetic, collaborative Built for Zero team at Community Solutions. This position reports to the Learning Systems & Evaluation Portfolio Lead and will be responsible for supporting the design and continuous improvement of the overall approach to learning and evaluation across the Built for Zero team while supporting knowledge dissemination for target audiences, including internal knowledge sharing across Community Solutions’ divisions, and externally in partnership with the Communications Team.
The work on Built for Zero is quality improvement driven and uniquely tied to key Built for Zero data points and methods, and this person should take an approach to learning and evaluation that is grounded in a deep understanding of BfZ projects, a commitment to real-time measurement, and a bias toward quality improvement standards of knowledge.
The candidate of our dreams is organized, but not rigid–– a “get stuff done” kind of person who can work out a plan of action quickly in the face of ambiguity and changing information (this environment offers a lot of both). We’re looking for the sort of person who finds problem-solving and complex implementation fun and who prides themselves on seeing multiple paths to the same outcome. You should come to work every day with a desire to serve and assist your teammates as they serve local change agents in communities around the world. You should also see your job as enabling results, not just hitting deadlines or budgetary targets. We have clear strategic plan aims, and project completion does not necessarily equal success if a project does not advance these aims. Successful projects are ones that can describe the results and can foster a culture of learning by sharing with internal and external audiences what worked and did not work.
Finally, you should be dedicated and clear-eyed about what it takes to make a difference for some of the most vulnerable people in our societies. This work is hard, and our team is relentlessly committed to rigor, measurement, and provable impact. You’ll work hard like the rest of us, and every day, you’ll have the satisfaction of contributing to a meaningful outcome that is owned by our whole team. .
Defining Success for this Position:
- Support development of a shared learning system across all Built for Zero portfolios that support and accelerates the achievement of our strategic plan aims
- Develop processes to identify learning opportunities across Built for Zero portfolios and support knowledge dissemination of these opportunities throughout the organization
- Support continuous improvement of systems, ensuring data into and from the learning system enables a human-centered approach
- For limited learning questions and projects to be determined in partnership with the Learning Systems & Evaluation Portfolio Lead, support evaluation, knowledge capture and dissemination
- Ensure an equity lens on all quantitative and qualitative data analysis and make concrete, data-informed recommendations on how we can further advance equity in all evaluated work
- Support the design of projects for publication and write for publication
- Use data analytics skills, both for qualitative and quantitative data, to interpret analysis and apply learnings to targeted learning questions and our overall strategic plan
- Our systems are ready to go to scale. Our work is constantly growing, so it’s crucial that we build with an eye towards supporting more communities and initiatives with identifying and disseminating the information they need to inform their work.
- Execution of direct project work as necessary
- Ongoing evaluation/rationalization of the portfolio against strategic plan aims, in coordination with the Learning Systems & Evaluation Portfolio Lead
- Ongoing and regular coordination across Built for Zero portfolios, in conjunction with the LS&E Portfolio Lead
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative datasets and support dissemination of learning across the organization
- Support continued development of knowledge management systems
- Write internal and external publications
- Present summary reports, presentations and findings to both internal and external audiences
- Serve as backup to the Learning Systems & Evaluation Portfolio Lead, as needed.
- Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, prepare, and interpret information to support learning across the organization
- Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of the Learning Systems & Evaluation Portfolio
- Passion for justice, equity, and ending homelessness.
- Knowledge and experience of improvement and implementation methods
- Knowledge or experience of working in housing and homelessness sectors
- Experience with formative evaluation approaches and methods
- Experience with change management efforts around formative evaluation and learning systems
- Excellent ability to gather and synthesize information from various sources
- Strong ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Intellectual curiosity and appreciative inquiry
- Self-motivation, flexibility and integrity
- Proficiency with Built for Zero’s methodology, including data quality, coaching, human-centered design, facilitation and Quality Improvement (QI) framework
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology as necessary
- A tendency toward, and a high tolerance for, clear and direct communication.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic team environment and demonstrate a willingness to shift easily between various responsibilities with diverse stakeholders.
- Google Apps
- MS Office
No supervisory responsibilities
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. Salary range for this position is $72,200-$90,200.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired. The Built for Zero team has offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Atlanta.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identify, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).