Request For Proposals: Us Health Policy and Global Health Project
******Please send proposals to email@example.com, no later than September 24, 2021. No proposals should be submitted via this portal.******
Last Mile Health is working in a collaborative on Africa Frontline First, an initiative to catalyze funding to support and expand resilient community-based primary health systems by unlocking greater resources from the African Union Member States and donors. The initiative aims to add 200,000 permanent Community Health Workers across 10 prioritized countries to the health workforce by 2030. As part of the overall strategy for the establishment of the initiative, the collaborative has identified the US Government as a key player and funder in the Global Health space creating the need to explore opportunities to generate political will within the different branches of the administration. During the first half of the year, LMH has worked to identify and engage multiple stakeholders at different levels of the US Administration while recognizing the importance of strategically navigating a complex and moving environment.
Scope of Work:
Given the organization’s advocacy work has historically focused outside of the US, we are currently looking for a consultant to support in:
- US political landscape analysis:
- Stakeholder mapping: name actors that need to be influenced and their expected degree of affinity to the content of the initiative
- Windows of opportunity: Identification of current and future windows of opportunity that can be leveraged to promote the Africa Frontline First initiative, including convenings, budget cycles, legislative agendas and more.
- Advocacy strategy:
- Develop a policy advocacy strategy to position the Africa Frontline First initiative as a comprehensive solution that aligns with the USG top priorities in Global Health Security (Health System Strengthening) and Pandemic Preparedness and Response, including advantages and disadvantages of engaging different audiences -- White House, Congress, Agencies.
- Development of policy briefs for different US audiences:
- Support drafting materials that can be used for different advocacy activities including exploratory calls, briefing sessions and policy recommendations.
- Two weeks from effective date of contract: Landscape Analysis - Stakeholder mapping, Windows of opportunity
- Four weeks from effective date of contract: Advocacy Strategy - Drafting activities and tactics
- Six weeks from effective date of contract: Policy Briefs - Drafting ad-hoc documents
- 5+ years working in US Global Health Policy
- Experience working cross-sectorally and with multiple stakeholders to support health programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop landscape analysis, strategies, and deliverables for advocacy-related projects
- Ability to communicate effectively, navigate complex and evolving environments,
Proposals should include the follow:
- Describe your approach to complete the tasks described above including a time-bound work plan
- Budget for project including pricing in USD
- Resumes or CVs for the team member(s) who will work on this project
- Three references who can speak to your relevant experience
Proposals should be submitted by email to Camille Phillips atno later than Friday, September 24th.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.