Manager, Contracts and Legal Operations
LaunchDarkly is growing its Legal team and looking for a Manager, Contracts and Legal Operations to negotiate commercial transactions and help develop sustainable and efficient processes as we scale. Reporting to the Head of Legal, as the second member of the Legal team you will be responsible for negotiating contracts and related documents, owning high-priority projects related to developing processes and procedures, and serving as a general resource. You’ll drive increased automation and effective use of technology solutions, including solutions related to knowledge management, contract management, and legal department functions.
- Review, draft, negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, channel agreements, NDAs, and various other documents
- Partner with the Head of Legal to build out our commercial deal support function and legal operations, including designing/implementing playbooks and automation to expedite deal closure
- Help improve efficiency and oversight through recommendations of best practices and helping shape our templates
- Maintain contracting tools, records, and resources such as clause libraries and playbooks
- Develop and provide trainings to internal stakeholders and new team members
- Build out and own the legal side of the procurement process
- Own tracking and reporting of heightened contract obligations and non-standard terms
- Own the process for updating our Terms of Service and other online forms and policies
- Own and execute other projects that require operational leadership on the Legal team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years of contracts management experience at a SaaS company – combination of high growth startup and/or public company experience preferred
- Previous experience having primary and autonomous responsibility for reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- 3+ years legal operations experience
- Prior experience with sourcing and/or helping ensure implementation of a contracts management system
- Demonstrated success implementing and managing legal technology solutions, developing processes, and ensuring org-wide adoption of these tools
- Collaborative team member with excellent problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, important projects in a fast-paced environment and are energized by navigating unknown areas
- Exceptional business and legal acumen; ability to identify and diagnose legal problems and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer-oriented interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Legally authorized to work in the US
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let theget in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at.