Devops Engineer 🔥
Who you are:
Someone who is passionate about designing software that makes it easy to coordinate care. Your designs inspire others to be better teammates. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty in the code to make it happen. You can turn around designs quickly and iterate to improve them. You know how to use tools like Zeplin, Invision, Sketch, and Postman to turn designs into reality. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment. You are a self-starter who can work independently or in a team. You are committed to our mission of improving the coordination of care for vulnerable populations.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on and .
***This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship***
Who we are: Collective Medical is a fast-growing Utah-based company determined to prove that exceptionally crafted software and passionate healthcare providers and health plans, together, can improve the health of some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Our software closes the communication gaps that undermine patient care. We help healthcare professionals work together more seamlessly so that they can deliver a better care experience to their patients. Our network is nationwide. We serve every national health plan, hundreds of hospitals and health systems, tens of thousands of providers, and tens of millions of patients. The result? Our software is proven to reduce the cost of care, streamline coordination across provider teams, and reduce medically-unnecessary hospital visits.
Our mission: Collective improves health outcomes and lowers cost by placing the right insights in front of each stakeholder along a patient's journey to inform and encourage the right action for the patient.
Why we love working here, in the words of our own team:
- We have good, smart, humble, caring people.
- The people here are good and they care about our mission and the difference we're making in health Care.
- I see the benefits my work provides. The people here are amazing. I feel empowered to succeed.
- I feel like what we do matters and the employees are working together not against each other!
- It's all. about. the. MISSION. Seriously, we are a highly mission-driven company.
- The cause is noble and pure.
- We're obsessed with culture, people, and opportunity.
- At or above-market compensation.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Generous benefit package including company-sponsored healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life-insurance, 401K.
- Loaded break room, Monday lunches, and lots of other meals throughout.
- Quarterly team and company events
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer that is both eager to work with innovative technologies and experienced enough to help drive them towards mature and stable operation. As a DevOps Engineer with Collective Medical, you will be given tremendous opportunity to innovate and contribute your ideas. We believe strongly in self-organization, mentoring, and sharing of knowledge and expertise. If you are interested in Kubernetes and container-based deployments, if you are comfortable working alongside developers and system administrators alike, if you want to join a team working to eliminate avoidable risk in the healthcare system and improve the health outcomes of people using it, we want to talk to you.
- You will be part of our growing team of top engineers with the ability to directly impact the success of the organization. You'll be a part of the DevOps team reporting to the DevOps Team Lead and working alongside our other DevOps Engineers. You'll work day to day with the Software Engineering team as well as our IT team.
- Managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in support of development teams deploying and promoting microservices across environments
- Maintaining a stable, efficient build pipeline that minimizes the time required to bring code enhancements and new functionality to our customers
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring supporting backend technologies (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra, et. al.) as introduced and required by new services
- Working to improve operations and process to enable developers to fully own and successfully operate the services they are introducing
- Automating all the things: to ensure stability, efficiency, and consistent reproducibility across our operating environments
- Participate in the on call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or another hard science and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience, some former development and/or system administration experience is highly preferred
- Experience with build/deploy pipeline management and Puppet (or similar: ansible, salt stack)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is preferred
- General familiarity with working in a Linux server environment
- Scripting proficiency: bash, python, et. al.
- Evident appreciation for the value of automation when managing complex software systems
- Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, or comparable CM tools
- General experience familiarizing oneself with the deployment and operation of new software systems: e.g. application servers, reverse proxies, databases, and the like
- Knowledge of best security practices and the discipline to consistently maintain them in all facets of one's work
- Integrating well with the team
- Assuming responsibility for managing deployments
- Aiding in the buildup and configuration of infrastructure
- Creative problem solving while working within security guidelines
- The ambition to learn and implement new technologies
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
When you apply for a position, your information is processed and stored with Lever, in accordance with . We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how PointClickCare uses or processes your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact PointClickCare’s human resources team: