Development Team Lead - Jira Cloud
If you would like to:
- Accompany the team in its 3-year journey to make Jira Cloud a self-healing system,
- Lead a team that treats operations as if it’s a software problem so that our availability, performance, reliability, and capacity solutions scale as our customers do,
- Contribute to Jira transformation into a truly Cloud Native application, gain deep technical knowledge of Jira Cloud services, build tools for automation, improve reliability processes and, most importantly, have fun doing it,
- Work in an international environment (Gdansk, Sydney, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Bengaluru and other cities around the globe),
- Work with your team to understand patterns of Jira Cloud problems, and prevent them from happening again,
- Get the support and encouragement to implement changes and improve processes that you’re involved into (which is one of - Be the change you seek),
- Act according to the motto fail fast and move fast.
- Managing a team as a leader who defines, promotes, customizes and deploys best Agile development practices,
- Cooperating with other teams in order to achieve the best possible outcome - customer success,
- Shaping out and executing on team’s roadmap,
- Defining short and mid-term team goals supported with data,
- Improving the processes based on the learnings and experiences,
- Ensuring effective internal and external team communication,
- Supporting the career development of your team members,
- Executing performance & salary management process for all team members,
- Collaborating with Jira Engineering leaders by providing feedback, suggestions, advice and input as needed.
- Experience in leading a development team (complete lifecycle) using agile principles and practices,
- Up-to-date knowledge of Java or other JVM-based languages (knowledge of other modern programming platforms, especially web-based would be an added advantage),
- Experience in people management, including but not limited to the ability of mentoring and motivating engineers,
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor the progress of a group of people,
- Minimum 6 years' experience in software development with a few years as a leader/manager,
- Excellent communication skills meaning that you are able to not only put your thoughts, but also listen
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills,
- Fluent spoken and written English,
- Willingness to travel to Sydney at least once a year (for ~2 weeks) - when international travel is allowed.
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our .