Founded on the principle of art making the world a better place, Arts Help is an award-winning organization rated Top 100 art start-ups in 2020 that mobilizes a community of 4 million people around the world. With a global reach of over 35 million people monthly, we are a bold team of big dreamers, guided by the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Arts Help non-profit and its subsidiaries are growing and looking for champions of creative thinking, innovative problem solvers, and socially conscious new team members.
Position Overview: Web Developer (18-month contract)
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate all web applications, microservices, and #APIs to serve millions of users
- Scale the platform to support continued exponential user growth
- Deliver testable, maintainable high-quality code and take the end to end ownership of the components that you develop
- Manage DNS, Web Hosting, SSL Certificate, Emails
- Manage Google AdWords and Analytics
- Develop design files into responsive Web experiences
- Experiment with different techniques for interactions, animations, motion design, and user flows to create visually rich components for interactive stories
- Brainstorm and pitch ideas for interactive treatments
- Research and learn new coding languages or technologies as needed
- Import content and assist in migrating data when applicable
- Optimize sites for performance, SEO visibility, and security
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing digital projects in an editorial environment
- B.A./B.S. in computer science, or equivalent practical experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Background in Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with back-end development, such as Node.js, Ruby, or PHP.
- Experience collaborating on cross-functional teams, which include journalists, designers, and engineers.
- Experience with Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable articulating complex ideas
- Passionate about the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
How to Apply:
For consideration please submit your cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary expectations to
Equal Opportunity Employment
Arts Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.