Founded on the principle of art making the world a better place, Arts Help is an award-winning organization rated Top 100 art start-ups in 2020 that mobilizes a community of 4 million people around the world. With a global reach of over 35 million people monthly, we are a bold team of big dreamers, guided by the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Arts Help non-profit and its subsidiaries are growing and looking for champions of creative thinking, innovative problem solvers, and socially conscious new team members.
Position Overview: Accountant (18-month contract)
Arts Help is looking for an accountant to manage Arts Help’s accounting transactions, balance sheets, budget forecasts, bank payments, tax returns and more, while complying with financial policies and regulations. The successful candidate does not only have experience working with nonprofits, but is also passionate about the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. You must be someone with a high level of integrity who abides by strict confidentiality.
- Manage all accounting transactions and bookkeeping
- Process donations/contributions received including those made online
- Manage P&L, balance sheets and budget forecasts
- Process payroll
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Reconcile bank statements and balance sheet
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Maintain fixed asset inventory
- Report on the organization's financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Assist independent CPA in review/audit of financials
- Experience working with a nonprofit
- 5+ years of accounting experience and knowledge of accrual-based accounting preferred
- Computer literacy and knowledge in accounting software, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred
- Highest level of Integrity and strict confidentiality
- Passionate about the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
How to Apply:
For consideration please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Arts Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.