Data Science Analyst
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain, and Australia.
Our core values - Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality, and Teamwork - reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people-focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius and a 2020 IDC SaaS CSAT Award for Travel and Expense. These awards celebrate companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front-line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Follow us to stay updated on news and job openings!
As a Data Science Analyst at Emburse, you will work with business leaders and domain experts to gather data and identify trends to help make strategic decisions. You will also perform statistical analyses to help answer questions and solve problems related to the development of data products including artificially intelligent services and insights monetization. You will use tools such as SQL to access and evaluate data. This includes the development of reports and dashboards to monitor performance of data normalization algorithms and machine learning models.
What You'll Do:
- General understanding of database concepts including documentation methods
- Able query and manipulate data from RDBMS using SQL
- Able to gather and document data product design requirements
- Able to interpret and summarize data analysis for feasibility studies and ground truth testing
- Broad knowledge of data science concepts and related product development lifecycle
- Completes data analysis or processing tasks as directed
- Documents data product end to end design and development
- Data annotation, labeling and other related data generation activities
- Seeks mentorship and takes constructive advice from peers
What We're Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science/EE/IOE or another quantitative field
- Recent college graduate with internship to 1 year of experience related to analytics and data science/products domain
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on data products/science
- Interest in enterprise metadata management
- Experience evaluating various components of the machine learning life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across team
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Experience with data modeling and architecture
- Experience with using python/scripting languages for profiling and assessing quality of data
- Experience with Snowflake, Looker, Databricks, Jupyter Notebooks