Senior Data Analyst , BI & Data Science
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Sr. Data Analyst to join our Business Operations function to help shape the future of Twilio business data. The Business Operations team partners with senior leadership on Twilio's most important priorities and leads execution of business critical projects. Business Data Excellence is one of the highest leadership priorities and this role would be pivotal in helping achieve our goals. This is a high exposure role with an opportunity to work with Twilio’s senior leadership to define the business data problems to solve and build world class analytics, data science and business intelligence solutions.
The ideal candidate has strong technical skill sets, business acumen and ability to work with and communicate to executives. As part of this Business Operations team, you will be at the forefront of helping Twilio take its data driven decision making to the next level. This would provide wide exposure to leaders from different parts of the business and opportunity to work cross functionally with Finance, GTM, Product and Engineering teams.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic with:
- 5+ years of professional experience in analytics, business intelligence, data science or similar fields.
- Experience in bringing together business and analytics to deliver impact.
- A self-starter with ability to identify needs, initiate, refine and complete projects with a high level of ownership.
- Expert level knowledge in SQL and relational and multidimensional database schemas and designs.
- Expert level skill set in data visualization and dashboarding through Tableau, Looker (LookML) or similar tools.
- Strong data science experience with deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistical analysis.
- Strong in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation and statistical analysis.
- Familiar with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto) and Snowflake.
- Highly collaborative, your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
As a Sr. Data Analyst you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Help design the future data capabilities at Twilio, enabling teams with right tools to help make data driven decisions..
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with Finance, Product and GTM teams to identify critical data/analytics gaps and drivers behind the challenges. Then work collaboratively to conduct right analysis and develop right analytical tools and dashboards
- EMPOWER OTHERS:Work cross-functionally to help build future state self-serve reporting and analytics capabilities and empower Twilions to make best use of the data Twilio has.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio business and bring business first focus to technology/data topics. Deep dive regularly into data and metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights and automate the analysis.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations team across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Rest of Colorado: $79,408.00-$109,186.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks