Data Scientist, Product Analytics (Remote - U.S.)
Millions of people use Trello every day, generating billions of data points. We are looking for a savvy data scientist to examine user behavior and advise decision-making across the organization. Our data team is lean, forward-thinking, and remote-friendly.
As the ideal data scientist, you are someone who can do a deep technical dive and communicate effectively with others. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter product decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You will ...
- Work with other product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align analytics & data science priorities with the product roadmap and strategy
- Play with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ this behavioral data and insights to intelligently improve user journeys and customer value
- Drive the measurement culture and understand the impact of our product strategy; including crafting and analyzing experiments and product launches
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Foster an extraordinary analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
- Unblock data questions using Redshift, Athena, Databricks, Python, R, Mode Analytics, Tableau.
About you ...
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- You have experience analyzing data and experimentation in a business setting. You know how to pick the right approach to a data question. You know that sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
- You enjoy collaborating with non-technical consumers of data, and turning loosely-defined questions into clearly prioritized projects.
- You are creative and inventive, with a passion for deriving insights from data and telling a story.
- You’re curious about the business side of Trello. You’re eager to get to the guts of Trello’s data in order to answer questions across the company.
- You’re self-motivated and thrive when working autonomously. You know when to run with something, and when to ask for help.
- You’re extremely proficient when it comes to writing SQL and Python/R.
- You strive to master new technology or language when the need arises.
Bonus points for ...
- Prior experience working in a remote-friendly company.
- Proven experience working on projects around user acquisition, retention, purchasing drivers.
- Referenceable work with some seriously huge datasets.
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our .