Senior DevOps Engineer
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a key role helping to determine technical direction and to implement critical infrastructure and support systems that can accelerate your agile team and delight customers with industry leading reliability and security. Responsibilities for senior engineers extend to mentorship and leading initiatives and/or teams and ensuring consistent excellence with the right amount of process and documentation. This role will lead the charge to build critical, scalable and secure systems that will meet the needs of Nabis' growing customer base.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Team leadership or mentoring experience
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Cloud platforms, concepts, technologies and hosting with AWS
- Ability to stand Kubernetes (EKS) environments up from scratch
- Linux Administration
- Building, managing, and deploying CI/CD pipelines specifically with Gitlab
- Infra as code with tools such as Terraform
- SaaS / web application / infrastructure security
- Encryption, SSL/TLS, openssl, key and secret management
- Application and system profiling/monitoring tools and techniques
- Scaling/Optimization techniques and experience
- PostgreSQL (or other RDBMS) administration, backups, configuration
- Self driven and detail oriented
- Availability for periodic off hour deployments, maintenance and on-call rotations
- BA/BS degree; Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ consecutive years in a software engineering profession.
- 2+ years hands-on expertise with UNIX administration.
- Experience with UNIX scripting, Python, Bash, Shell, etc
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS)
1. You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the 2. Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home policy3. Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.4. Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure5. Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.