Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
Regional Sales Manager
Primary responsibility is to manage sales of specialty chemicals to customers and prospective customers in an assigned multi-state territory in the Midwest. The Regional Sales Manager is expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of products, services and markets in order to match the Company’s offerings to both existing and prospective customer needs. The Regional Sales Manager also is expected to build and maintain long-term, lasting business relationships through effective communication, technical consultation, and knowledge of products, applications and industry trends. He, or she, will effectively communicate internally (i.e. customer call reports) as well as including developing and continually updating forecasts, market trends and competitive activity in a timely fashion.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably Chemistry, Polymer Science, Biology, or Chemical Engineering.
· 3-5 years’ experience preferred in the chemical, metalworking additives, petrochemical, refining, gas or pharmaceutical industries with direct one-on-one outside customer sales and account management responsibility or related experience.
· Must be professional, ethical, results and business-oriented with a strong work ethic with the experience to grow existing customers and to aggressively develop prospective customers through face-to-face selling.
· Must possess and exhibit a high level of technical skills with the ability to effectively communicate and sell to various levels and departments of existing and prospective customer organizations.
· Must be able to work independently and manage his/her work time effectively.
· Should have the potential to effectively lead and manage others.
· Experience developing and executing strategic plans and market analysis.
· Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
· Successful track record of managing critical business relationships.
· Ability to influence and develop high level relationships (both internal and external).
· Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages, customer value, ethics and integrity required.
· Experience with sales elements of ERP commercial systems is a plus.
· Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point proficiency is required.
· Proven record of exceeding established sales budgets and time/territory management skills.
· Home office base is required.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the assigned territory. Overnight travel expected.
· Domestic travel via personal automobile and commercial air transportation is required. Some international travel may on occasion be required.
· Valid active driver’s license is required.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Regional Sales Manager , reports to the Business Unit Leader and is responsible for selling a variety of chemicals to be used in different industries. The Regional Sales
Manager services existing accounts within his/her assigned region including, but are not limited to:
· Obtaining orders, establishing new accounts, resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management for increasing sales volume within the region. Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
· Building strong relationships and business partnerships with customers, knowledge of technical / chemistry product applications and terminology unique to the chemical industry; creativity; time management; and the ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical individuals
· Identify, evaluate, prioritize and develop new business opportunities and other strategic growth opportunities for the Company.
· Analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape and identify business opportunities for expansion in key growth markets and regions.
· Develop and grow the commercial relationships of customers while prospecting for new accounts to increase market penetration and gross margin.
· Develop new accounts and grow sales at a level consistent with company expectations.
· Develop effective territory management, establishes priorities, and determines selling approaches.
· Make recommendations to management regarding product improvements.
· Develop an opportunity pipeline that will deliver sales targets.
· Ownership of regional customer relations issues, both in a proactive and reactive capacity.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING:
Medical, prescription, dental, bonus potential, matching 401 (k), vacation, 11 paid holidays, choice of FSA or HSA, company paid life insurance. Salary will be commensurate with education, training, and background experience.
NO PHONE CALLS TO EMPLOYER - NO RECRUITER CALLS OR EMAILS – NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Fully Remote