Vice President of Marketing
LeanLaw is the financial operating system for mid-size law firms. We make cloud-based SaaS software that automates and integrates legal, financial workflows and provides business-critical data insights. Our timekeeping, and invoicing, and reporting platform is deeply integrated into QuickBooks Online. We are a small growing entrepreneurial company that is ready to hire!
As we build our team, fit matters. A lot. We want people who want to help others and who seek a sense of purpose in their work. We think of ourselves as low ego, high performance, creative team players, maybe with a little something to prove. We are looking for people who fit that mold.
What we’re looking for.
LeanLaw seeks an exceptionally talented marketing leader with a growth hacker mentality and mindset. This is a wildcard split-personality type. Someone who can execute growth hacker tactics and facilitate marketing product plans. This position is ideal for a highly analytical, 'full-stack' marketer who loves data, rapidly testing, learning, and scaling new tactics. You'll play a key role in developing our user base, evolving our brand, and enhancing the user experience. You’ll be accountable for all marketing activities in the company and work closely with the sales effort. You’re expected to build our demand engine, optimize the customer journey, and refine closing deals. You must be both a strategist and a do-er in the tactical activities.
We're a start-up, so you must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and a self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results. You'll need to be flexible, brilliant, and tenacious. You'll be working with all levels of staff, so top-notch communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Please note, we purposely asked a few questions as part of the hiring process. Please take the time to answer them thoughtfully. We won’t consider a candidate that didn’t respond to the questions as part of this job posting.
- Own the demand engine for the company. This includes both strategy, tactics, and data.
- Lead integrated marketing campaigns, from strategy to execution to analysis - delivering and exceeding business objectives.
- Evolve the company’s brand awareness.
- Collaborate and manage campaigns with LeanLaw partners, industry leaders/influencers, buying groups. Campaign examples: webinars, one-pagers, eBooks, customer testimonials.
- Lead and define content strategy and link growth programs across all marketing content initiatives, including video, email, and social.
- Ensure consistent and cohesive brand experience by maintaining brand guidelines across all marketing channels.
- Monitor and analyze site performance using a range of SEO and site analytics tools. Have a point of view and be comfortable reporting and presenting results.
- Conduct periodic technical SEO audits and provide recommended solutions, working with development and content teams to advise on implementation.
- Determine and validate effective user acquisition channels.
- Set up and maintain online advertising campaigns for user acquisition and retention.
- Set up successful industry trade show and trade association tactics in coordination with other brand-building and lead-generating activities.
- Track and analyze revenue and growth trends, and work with analytics to develop quantitative insights into trend drivers, including determining and monitoring customer acquisition cost (CAC), lifetime value (LTV), LTV/CAC ratio, and other metrics.
- Lead and collaborate closely with the rest of the marketing team to ensure effective engagement with prospective customers at every marketing funnel stage.
- Work closely with the sales team to tune all aspects of the sales funnel.
Experience /Skills Needed
- 3-5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably at a startup, achieving success and proven results of growing a user base of sophisticated B2B customers. SaaS experience essential.
- Being data-driven and kind of a data-geek: clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics, and statistics
- Being social and understanding users' behavior; having great customer relations skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment in an industry that constantly changes.
- Knowledge of both inbound and outbound marketing strategies and tactics.
- Relentless in pursuit of growth. Accountable for results.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to simplify complex data to audiences.
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategies for optimization and change.
- Ideally, in-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, SEMRush, Segment, HubSpot, Amplitude, LinkedIn, and the Facebook ad ecosystem. We use various other tools here at LeanLaw – we don't expect you to be fluent across the board, but we do expect you to be a quick study.
- Ideally, knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS and the respective constraints of each.
- Experience with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) is a plus.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, the apps in the accounting ecosystem, and law firm marketing is a plus.
- Compensation will be competitive.
- We are a start-up; you get the good, bad, and ugly of an entrepreneurial environment.
- Cross visibility and interaction with all areas of the company. This will be a real learning experience.
- Flexible schedule, with a willingness to accommodate other life happenings. This includes working remotely.
- Growth to C-level position possible
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- How does this opportunity fit into your career path? What is motivating you to apply? Please do not state the remote nature of the position, we're interested to know the "why" behind your interest in LeanLaw.
- Please cite an example in your experience where you were either responsible or worked directly with the lead person who was in charge of the demand engine for the company. What was your role, what was the scale of growth of that engine? How did it impact the revenue of the company?
- Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote