As our Content Specialist, you will develop written content for marketing, advertising, public relations, and other communications purposes for a primarily B2B audience. Our marketing team is small but mighty, and your role substantial. You should be highly creative and an expert storyteller, have a keen eye for detail and a strong knowledge of content trends. You will draft written content, manage the content creation and publishing process, and monitor content metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create content for a variety of platforms including email, direct mail, collateral, blogs, web, social media, videos, and more.
· Acquire a high level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and services, our competitors, and the employee benefits administration industry as a whole.
· Manage content calendars and ensure that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
· Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented in published content.
· Perform background research on industry trends and specific topics to ensure that content is accurate, relevant, and appealing.
· Track analytics and generate reports and presentations.
· Coordinate with campaign and design staff to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
· Assist other team members with special projects as time permits.
· Bachelor's degree in English, communications, marketing, advertising, journalism or related field.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in copywriting and content creation. Be prepared to show samples of your writing.
· Excellent collaborative skills as well as the ability to work independently.
· The ability to work under pressure and to work outside normal business hours on occasion to meet specific deadlines.
· Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint. Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp a big plus.
· Sound knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
· Good understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, SEM, and PPC.
· The ability to keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in technology.
· DataPath employees have the option of working remotely full-time, working in the office full-time, or a combination of both.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Content creation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote