Marriage Helper (MH International) is looking for a Copywriter, a creative thinker with excellent writing skills. As a member of the marketing team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including email, video, website and social media), working closely with the team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts and develop messaging. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
About Marriage Helper
MH International (aka Marriage Helper) is an international organization that exists to support, strengthen and save marriages to last a lifetime. We do this through our coaching, online courses, and live workshops that hold over a 70% success rate at keeping marriages together. We have a mission to champion marriage and see divorce decline. We believe in marriage and that is crucial to the backbone of society, economics, individual wellness, and family stability. We believe that every person deserves a strong marriage, and we seek to teach people how to do that.
We know how to create and sustain fulfilling relationships that last a lifetime, and we want to teach the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand the client’s needs and target audiences through review of existing surveys and videos
- Writing copy for a variety of media including online, emails, social and video
- Present copy concepts and final deliverable to internal team and revise copy based on internal feedback
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Interpret video content and translate into articles and ebooks
- Evaluate our current marketing email and create alternative copy and subject lines, and test using our email provider Hubspot
- Interpret course onlines to create scripts for videos
- Devoted, fiercely and fearlessly, to the mission of Marriage Helper
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with a standard style guides
- Self-starter & self-managed
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Willing to try new things, fail, and try again
- Like us, you are passionate about seeing marriages thrive
- Like us, it breaks your heart to see the pain of divorce on spouses and children
- Like us, you care about making a HUGE difference in society and culture
- Like us, you believe marriage is a sacred commitment that should last a lifetime
- Like us, you believe marriage makes the world a better place
- Like us, you don’t back down when opposition comes or things get hard
- Like us, you want to work at a company that makes a difference while also having flexibility in your schedule
- Like us, you enjoy driving new projects and making direct contributions to the organization’s success + mission
- We’re fairly small (~50 total people), so if you like a ton of hierarchy and corporate feel of a bigger company, this isn’t for you.
- We are 100% committed to the mission of championing marriage. So, if you don’t really care about marriage or think that people should only be married “as long as they both shall love”, then this is not the fit for you.
- We believe that there is hope for every situation. So if you feel like “once a cheater always a cheater” or feel like as soon as marriage doesn’t feel good anymore people should call it quits, this isn’t the job for you.
- We don’t have it all figured out. As a bootstrapped, entrepreneurial-driven company, there are many areas of the company where we’re still “building the rocket on the way up.” So, if you require a tested and proven playbook to perform every aspect of your job, then this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We work really, really hard. Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to achieve our “comfortably-uncomfortable” goals. While we DON’T believe in working weekends or pulling “all-nighters” as a normal course of business, if you want a cushy, 40-hour per week job, you probably won’t like it here.
- We change our minds, pivot fast, and embrace change when change is needed. We aren’t flakes, nor do we seek chaos for chaos’ sake. But we WILL shift projects and priorities when presented with new data, so, again, if you need to work at a company that “has it all figured out,” we’re not the place for you.
- We don’t micro-manage. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. We need people who can manage their own calendar and who aren’t afraid to Google something if they don’t know how to do it. In other words, if you need to know EXACTLY what you will be doing every hour of the day, week over week, we’re probably not a good fit.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Copywriting: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote