Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Senior Software Engineer (Backend) at Income Discovery - Fully Remote Position
Join our innovative, flexible, and agile development team! We use GitHub, practice code reviews, and solve problems together. Our services run in the AWS cloud, their deployment is automated, and we follow the infrastructure-as-code process.
This is a critical role that we are looking to quickly fill, apply today!
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Income Discovery, you will contribute to our products, improve the AIDA engine, and strengthen our operational capabilities. You will also:
- Develop and extend our analytical engine (AIDA) with new capabilities, improved performance, and distributed computation support;
- Help specify, implement, and test new features;
- Share the responsibility for deploying, monitoring, and securing our applications in AWS; and
- Assist in stepping up the architecture and refactoring to get to the next level in scalability.
- We are looking for a passionate and creative person interested in financial analytics, high performance computing, and devops. You will contribute to the entire stack from user interfaces to the data layer, as needed.
- It is important that you can be productive with minimal supervision, know when to ask for help, communicate well through writing, and be comfortable with video conferences.
- AWS, Terraform, Clojure, or Go are a plus but not mandatory.
- Document or SQL database experience, Linux skills, and exposure to numerical programming would be helpful.
Perks & Benefits:
Income Discovery employees work exclusively remotely, however, you will be expected to be available and working during East Coast business hours (EST). Employees have a choice of working from home or from a professional office (leased by the Company) near your home.
In addition to a competitive base salary, all full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Company’s benefit program, offering excellent and affordable health care coverage options (medical, dental, & vision), voluntary insurances, and an FSA.
Additional perks/benefits include a 401(k) with a Company match, potential for incentive equity options, and paid time off. There is a very limited waiting period with benefits taking effect on the first of the month after your start date.
About the Company:
Income Discovery is a rapidly growing B2B FinTech leader specializing in retirement income optimization, delivering a Full & Rich Retirement to 74 million baby boomers holding $24 trillion in savings. Our powerful AI engine, AIDA, is a proven scalable enterprise technology platform that augments wealth management technology with retirement decumulation capabilities. AIDA generates a personalized optimal strategy to boost a client’s annual safe retirement income by as much as 30%.
For additional information, visit our website at.
*Please note: You must be legally eligible for employment in the US at the time you submit your application. We are unable to sponsor work Visas at this time.
Income Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive workplace for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.