About Fair Food Network
From farms to families, Fair Food Network (FFN) connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. From our work with nutrition incentives, including our Double Up Food Bucks program, bringing healthy food in reach of every family with additional benefits to local farmers and grocers to our impact investing arm, Fair Food Fund, which is a national fund that works locally to support food entrepreneurs in being the engine of a more equitable future, we are growing a future where everyone can harness the full potential of food to transform their communities for good.
About the Role
The Development Coordinator is a pivotal member of the Development team, providing administrative support for all fundraising operations, including but not limited to maintaining the donor database of record (Salesforce). The Development Coordinator supports relationship managers (including Development team members, Senior Leadership team members, etc.) in their successful cultivation and stewardship efforts. The Development Coordinator provides timely and cross-functional reporting and support to internal stakeholder such as the Communications and Finance departments on an ongoing basis.
This position is full-time and is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. FFN plans to re-open their offices under a hybrid work model mid-September. This position will be expected to work in the office at least 2 days/week. The Development Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Development, Jaye Lopez Van Soest. The expected start date of this position is September 1, 2021.
Manage all aspects of donor database and gift processing:
- Track donor participation, process gifts, update and maintain database.
- Enter donations into the database, create acknowledgment letters, maintain accurate donor records and coding, track interactions between relationship managers and donors/funders, input event attendance, facilitate reconciliation with Finance department.
- Coordinate quarterly activity reporting and funder briefing calls, including writing and logistics in conjunction with Communications department.
Run donor queries, and own reporting and analytics for the Development department:
- Build and run complex queries for mailing/email lists, execute mailing exports and mail merges, prepare regular reports for department meetings and Board of Directors, run analytic reports to determine trends and analyze fundraising efforts.
Coordinate mailings (direct mail, annual appeals, annual report, event invitations, planned giving, etc.):
- Prepare mailing lists from database, manage timelines with writers and designers, coordinate with various vendors (printer, mail house, etc.).
Conduct donor research:
- Complete all initial research on new donors/funders and others as requested using iWave and other research tools, make recommendations for next steps, and prepare briefing profiles.
- Generate and manage prospect lists in the donor database.
- Help research and maintain database of planned giving prospects and help with execution of an annual legacy society event.
General Support for Development Team:
- Assist in event planning including maintaining event calendar, assist with the execution of donor events.
- Support the Senior Director of Development in all aspects of meeting preparation including drafting agendas, compiling materials, managing logistics, and completing all post-meeting follow up.
- Contribute to organization-wide discussions and the overall planning of the Development Team, manage stock and archives of development materials, maintain relationships with key vendors, collaborate with Communications department on donor communications and other shared efforts as needed, support other administrative staff in answering phones, other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- · 2 years of relevant professional experience
- · Comfort with online filing sharing and other communications technologies and collaboration tools
- · Detail-oriented approach, and an ability to track on multiple projects and contacts that are regularly evolving
- · Strong listening skills
- · Ability to maintain composure under the pressure of competing priorities
- · Demonstrated ability to be collaborative. You work well with others at all levels of the organization as well as with key external stakeholders.
- · Demonstrated ability to take initiative. You are self-directed and take appropriate action to influence outcomes and/or drive progress and positive change.
- · Commitment to the mission and values of Fair Food Network
- · Experience with donor databases, Salesforce preferred
- · Experience with prospect research tools, iWave preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive, comprehensive benefits package includes full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities. This position is a coordinator level role with a salary range starting at $37-40K/year.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and complete a brief set of questions via the application. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis, we will begin reviewing applications on August 6, 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to getting to know you!
Fair Food Network’s commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities that we serve is a priority, and we encourage applicants of all ages, cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other status protected by law.