Lock Desk Coordinator
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has a full-time opportunity for a Lock Desk Coordinator!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for all activities regarding the operation of lock desk including, but not limited to, locking of loans, extending or re-locking loans as requested by brokers or account executives, pricing program scenarios, entering and updating trades in DataTrac, and various other projects.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Lock loan interest rates received from brokers via web trac and through phone calls.
- Change locks as needed due to changes in parameters or programs.
- Extend or re-lock loans as requested by broker or account executive.
- Assist account executives and underwriters in making changes to loans already locked, i.e. adjusting loan amount, APYS, property type, occupancy and product codes.
- Assist brokers and account executives in pricing scenarios or helping select and appropriate program for their borrower.
- Lock in loans with investor and communicate lock confirmations back in a timely manner.
- Enter and update trades in DataTrac.
- Track hedge position in the market via excel report daily.
- Update website with turn times of each branch and “market snapshot”.
- Reconcile trades against dealer confirms.
- Process Assignments of Trade.
- Audit rate sheets and notify department leadership of discrepancies.
- Enforce secondary marketing lock policies.
- Assist different investors with loan sales.
- Various pricing projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years mortgage banking industry preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-tasking in fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
- Solid commitment to customer and associate service
- Sound judgment skills essential to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Browsers, and email functions required
- Achievement Orientation
- Client Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Personal Credibility
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 - $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- mortgage banking: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote