Marketing Specialist/Marketing Automation (remote)
Respondus is a leading developer of assessment applications for higher education and K-12 schools and districts. Our applications make it easy to create online exams, self-assessments and learning games. We also make powerful tools that prevent students from cheating during online exams. Respondus is a highly recognized and respected name throughout the education industry.
Thousands of universities, K-12 districts, publishers, and testing centers use our applications to deliver 120 million assessments annually.
Why join us? Our work matters – assessments help educators know what students are learning. It’s at the beginning, middle, and end of the education process.
We have been leaders in the education industry for over 15 years and are a growing, profitable business that is laser-focused on customers. Nearly all our revenue is recurrent (which means institutions pay us an annual fee to use it) and we have no debt or outside investors. This lets us concentrate on long-term growth that is customer-focused.
About the Role
Over 2000 higher education and K-12 institutions have an enterprise-wide license of at least one Respondus product. Our marketing focuses on educating existing customers about new products and generating cross-selling opportunities, as well as creating and executing campaigns to nurture new leads. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to help manage many day-to-day marketing operations.
Our team is small, so this is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of job. The ability to manage your time and priorities is critical, as is the willingness to work on a multitude of projects within a given day or week. In general, you embrace technology and are familiar with best-in-class marketing platforms and processes that enable our team to efficiently scale and measure our efforts.
We are currently only reviewing applicants residing in Arizona, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Montana, New York, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Email campaigns - execute email campaigns in Pardot from start to finish, including coordinating design, coding, and working with team members on content review/QA and data requirements
- Marketing automation - assist with all things Pardot, including building automations and rules, creation of forms, data segmentation, and recommending use of Pardot features to make our marketing more efficient. Work within Pardot to develop nurturing campaigns and effectively reach our contacts at the right point in their customer journey
- Website maintenance – implement content updates to our website, create landing pages as needed, etc.
- Maintain marketing assets - help maintain the company’s marketing collateral to ensure our sales team is utilizing the most up-to-date content
- Data management – assist team with the organization and maintenance of data in Salesforce and Pardot, and ensuring that our campaigns are directed to the right prospects
- Reporting and analytics – analyze, interpret, and report on the performance of all marketing activity (emails, landing pages, leads, campaigns) including building appropriate dashboards
- Webinar and virtual event coordination – assist with schedule and set-up of webinars, coordinate messaging around webinars, assist with set-up and execution of virtual conferences
- Additional marketing support – be a proactive team member willing to lend your expertise or quickly learn new skills as needed
- SEO/SEM – lend support to team with optimizing web presence, including linking Google Analytics with Pardot features
Experiences and skills you should already have
- You have 3+ years of experience in marketing for a B2B technology company
- (Preferred) You’ve marketed in the higher education and/or K-12 space
- You have a proven track record of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while paying strong attention to detail
- You can navigate a variety of digital marketing technology platforms and have experience leveraging them for various marketing campaigns
- You’re a self-starter with strong initiative and problem-solving skills – and an all-around positive attitude
- You have high personal integrity and a commitment to sound, ethical, moral and legal business standards and practices
- 3+ years using Pardot (preferred) or another marketing automation platform to develop campaigns and manage marketing processes
- Intermediate HTML/CSS coding skills
- Basic-intermediate level experience with Adobe design suite, especially Photoshop (you don’t need to be a designer, but you need to be able to work closely with a designer and have a strong sense of what comprises good, clean design)
- Responsive HTML email creation
- Proficiency with MS Office, Sharepoint, Teams
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform (AdWords, Analytics)
Full telecommute is possible if your work environment is free of distraction and approved by Respondus. Flexibility is required to accommodate meetings with staff on both coasts of the United States. You must live in the United States and be located relatively close to a major airport. We are only reviewing applicants residing in Arizona, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Montana, New York, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. We also have a company-paid health plan, vacation package, a matching 401K plan, and a bonus plan.
Respondus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workforce. However, we cannot hire anyone who needs visa sponsorship.
Email a cover letter and resume (Word or PDF), plus examples of marketing materials you were primarily responsible for developing. We place high importance on the cover letter. It’s our first step in evaluating your interest in this particular position, and who you are as a person.
No phone calls will be accepted. And absolutely, positively no agencies…please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Marketing Automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote