Project and Social Media/Marketing Coordinator
The Employee Ownership Expansion Network (EOX) is a nonprofit organization incorporated in 2018 whose mission is to expand employee ownership in the United States by establishing and supporting a network of independent nonprofit State Centers for Employee Ownership. We see employee ownership as a critical tool in reducing wealth and income disparity, increasing community wealth, and creating a more vibrant, participatory economy. Our overarching goal is to substantially increase the number of employees who own shares of stock in the company where they work.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent written communication and marketing skills to assist our Executive Director and Operations Director in all aspects of the organization. The person filling this position will mainly focus on marketing, social media, public relations, project management, programming, and donor database management.
The ideal candidate will be an active, self-starting, and dedicated team member, always promoting the positive message of employee ownership and the value it has to our citizens, society, and the US economy. Candidates must have a proven track record of attention to detail in all aspects of their previous employment as well as experience managing assignments from more than one team member.
The organization does not have physical location but utilizes co-working space 2 days a week in Washington DC. The ideal candidate will reside/work in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland area so that weekly in-person all day working sessions with the Executive Director can occur. However, highly qualified candidates may be located anywhere in the United States with a preference for an East Coast location.
This is a part-time position with 20 to 25 hours per week with the possibility of working into a full-time position within 12 to 18 months as funding for the organization increases.
Compensation and Benefits
The total compensation and benefits package for this position is based on experience with an anticipated hourly rate of $21. Group health insurance, dental & optical benefits available as an offset to the hourly rate. Also includes 1 week vacation time and paid holidays.
· Assist in the development and execution of a marketing plan
· Assist in updating and maintain the organization’s website
· Assist in the development and execution of a social media plan
· Develop articles and informational concepts for publication on social media and in publications
· Creation of a quarterly newsletter using Mailchimp
· Creation of materials for advertising, conferences, and displays
· Update and maintain donor contact list using NEON database
· Conduct online research and maintenance of a list of articles related to employee ownership
· Assist with all logistical aspects related to organizational hosted seminars and webinars
· Other administrative duties as requested by Executive Director and Operations Director
· Support programing/activities offered by EOX & its affiliates
Skills and Characteristics
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing and social media
· Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
· Extensive use and knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
· Website management and basic updates using WordPress platform
· Experience creating original marketing materials using Canva or Adobe products
· Ability and desire to learn unfamiliar online software and tools
· Mailchimp experience a plus
· Project management software experience a plus
· NEON CRM experience a plus
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong time management
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing, start-up like environment while managing multiple priorities/projects all while maintaining a very high level of attention to detail
· Ability and desire to work alone virtually
· Proactive in seeking out new projects
· Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes on very short notice
· Highly personable and capable of working well with a variety of people
· Commitment to social and economic equity
· Ethical with high personal standard of conduct and accountability
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations