Cyber Security Technical Writer - Remote (US Based)
100% REMOTE POSITION -- US-BASED -- MUST HAVE PERMISSION TO WORK IN US
Cyber SME Technical Writer
Period of Performance: Start Date through Fall 2022
A Cyber Security Engineer has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cybersecurity regulations.
The Cyber Technical Writer will meet with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation. They will be preparing SOPs and other technical documents for the functional area. They will organize and prepare information and data for use in a wide variety of complex technical publications requiring in-depth knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and allied fields. The Technical Writer will work with end-users to gather information and convert it into written narratives and documents. The Technical Writer requires experience with NIST 800-53 controls (specifically, CCIs), POAM creation/review, and the eMASS GRC tool, including working through each step of the RMF process.
- 10 years of experience in editing/writing and explaining highly technical data and information in simplistic grade school language for end-users of complex IT systems and projects.
- Experience in gathering information and data to convert into written narrative.
- Experience reviewing Federal cybersecurity standards and applying those standards to new or existing policy documents.
- Expert Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Able to provide documentation that will be able to easily understand and provide documentation that can be used for training purposes
- Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Ability to complete tasks independently and work as part of a team on larger more complex projects under the direction of a Project Manager or a senior-level engineer
- Deep experience with eMASS
- Thorough comprehension of the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Prior experience supporting system Authority to Operate (ATO) processes, and creating artifacts, control implementation details, and POAMs
- Thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 Rev. 4
- Self-Starter; able to work in a remote capacity
- Able to work independently and in teams
- HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of professional experience or BS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of professional experience
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Experience with developing datasets for technical writing reports
- Artifact generation and review experience
To apply for consideration, please submit a comprehensive resume tailored to this job description. All work experience must include start and end dates (month and year). Education must cite school, degree, year degree completed. Minimum required experience must be clearly illustrated in your resume, preferred experience should also be well documented.
Candidates who do not meet minimum requirements will not be considered.
Offer to candidates is contingent upon successful background and clearance adjudication.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
This position is 100% remote. The candidate must have a quiet & private office space and internet connection.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- technical writing: 10 years (Required)
- Fully Remote