Litigation Writer/EditorVirtual Req #32
Wednesday, April 7, 2021Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. That requires creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Headquartered in New York City and with offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create an exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
Who We Are...
ALM is a business-to-business information and intelligence media company that delivers premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
ABOUT THE TEAM: As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the litigation team is focused on cutting edge legal issues, consequential court cases, emerging trends in litigation—and the lawyers, judges and other professionals who are part of that world. We cover geographic centers including New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and Atlanta, and our team includes a mix of senior and more junior reporters working collaboratively with editors across the country. Our team is committed to quality journalism and innovative thinking as we cover this area for a demanding and sophisticated business audience.
Hybrid, high-profile role combining management and writing for a national audience in a role that zeroes in on the future of litigation. The successful candidate will manage two veteran reporters, editing their copy and guiding them as they continue to hone their craft. The journalist will also cover disruptive trends and technologies shaping the future of law, and produce a weekly newsletter. Must be able to write 2-3 stories a week, while editing cleanly and quickly, and also coaching reporters.
Journalism experience is required.
The ideal candidate has excellent news judgment, and is an expert at cultivating sources, mining a beat and spotting news angles suited to a highly specialized audience. This candidate is skilled at juggling breaking news, enterprise stories and sophisticated analysis. Good communication, time-management skills, curiosity and enthusiasm are essential.
Editing highly experienced West Coast-based litigation reporters.
- Writing 3-4 articles each week on state and federal courts in California, as well as other courts around the country, with a particular emphasis on the future of litigation.
- Covering everything from important court decisions to going through filings and identifying key suits, as well as looking for litigation trends and investigative and enterprise reporting related to litigation and litigators in California and beyond.
- Producing a weekly newsletter.
- Managing reporters, including approving vacation requests and other administrative tasks.
- Collaborating with other editors to chart plans and agendas for ALM’s nationwide litigation coverage.
- Working well in a team environment with colleagues based around the world.
- Writing authoritatively on litigation issues of critical interest to legal industry professionals.
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays - Early Office Closure
- 10-12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Corporate Discounts Including Gym Memberships, Gift Certificates, Sporting Events, Movie Tickets
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Pay Type