Job Department – Creative Services
All interested candidates must submit a portfolio of work for review. This role is open to talent local to Cleveland, Ohio or remote candidates in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arizona, Illinois, New Hampshire, and California.
We focus on the human journey in our work. We try to make things (not just ads) that help make people’s lives easier. We believe everyone does better when everyone does better. And we apply that thinking to the people who work here, too, which has helped us be an Ad Age Top Place to Work for the past three years. We look for people who are curious, hardworking and love to solve problems in unexpected ways. Oh, yeah, and who like to have fun.
Reports To: Executive Creative Director
The Role: Copywriter
SUMMARY: We’re searching for an exceptional copywriter who is full of ideas; a conceptual creative with a book of work that proves it. We need our next copywriter to have a minimum of three years of agency experience, an amazing portfolio, and the ability to write in a variety of styles and for diverse audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Copywriting and Client Counsel:
- Own projects from briefing to execution.
- Take an active interest in our clients’ businesses and develop solid knowledge of each client’s brand, product and, most of all, the audience. Additionally, build strong client relationships and guide clients through creative challenges.
- Develop ideas — not just ads – that make the world a better place and add value to people’s lives.
- Develop ideas that work across a variety of platforms.
- Be accountable; meet deadlines and do what you say you’ll do.
- Recognize strong insights about diverse audiences and help turn them into creative ideas.
- Empower others to do things that have never been done.
- Guide clients and coworkers through creative challenges
- Approach all projects with a sense of curiosity, determination and originality.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a copywriter within an agency.
- Creative agency experience strongly preferred.
- A killer book filled with amazing ideas, concepts and creative solutions that include a balance of produced digital, social and traditional work.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to tell clear creative stories.
- Passion for the advertising industry; desire to identify emerging platforms and trends that drive innovation.
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones.
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Willingness to push your craft, get your hands dirty and make great things.
- Ability to quickly generate ideas.