MayStreet has an immediate opening for a Data Engineer. This is a full-time remote position. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic problem-solver with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will work alongside a talented and open-minded data team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company Headquartered in New York City, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
The Data Engineer will be responsible for MayStreet's data processing pipelines. MayStreet has the mission of 'Capturing, Storing and Transforming' the world's market data. Our data team manages the data pipelines that flow between each of those stages. The role has a large operational component while also requiring someone to envision future growth in both utilization and technology selection for the components of the work.
- Strong proficiency with Linux and an understanding of Linux server architecture and operation. Should be very comfortable with data copying, scheduling tasks and Linux daemons.
- Significant experience with Python. Ability to write and maintain object-oriented Python applications is a must.
- Proficiency with Bash / Shell Scripting.
- Experience with processing job management – experience using one or more of the following: Jenkins, Rundeck, Apache Airflow or other task scheduling software
- Time spent working in a batch data processing environment or other environment where large data jobs are performed using automation
- Experience with ETL pipelines and Data Lakes
- Git version control systems - GitLab and/or GitHub
Nice to haves, but not required
- C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with AWS data warehouse, Redshift, Athena, Dremio or Snowflake
- Experience with Google Cloud BigQuery
- Experience with and knowledge of US and International market data
- Experience with multicast market data
- Experience with monitoring and visualization systems such as Nagios, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with time series databases
- Experience with AWS S3
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial, fun environment
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services industry
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer.