Senior Software Engineer, Core Platform
Cribl Inc is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
- You will design and develop features for data streams processing and data analysis in a large distributed system.
- You will collaborate closely with cross functional teams, the founding team, Cribl engineers and our user community to understand customer needs and translate them into product feature.
- You will participate in the implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, code reviews, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Maintain and improve existing code and demonstrate pride of ownership for both your own code and the team's codebase.
- Have the opportunity lead large projects and be a contributor to projects led by others.
- Help assess and address any issues found by our QA team and/or reported by customers
- 7+ years total development experience
- Extensive software engineering experience in Go/C++/Java
- Experience in advanced development, especially in distributed systems and large, complex system environments deployed at scale
- Experience working with data intensive applications and/or data streams processing
- Systems programming experience highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Linux systems
- Working knowledge of Docker and k8s
- Works well with minimal supervision on a distributed team
- Cares about details and is dedicated to elegant and high quality software
Preferred Skills/Bonus points:
- Open source contribution
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.