Social Care Program Leader
The Social Care Program Leader is primarily to provide support to the Social Welfare Department in research, development, training and communication with COTN implementing countries as well as project/work collaboration within the international development branch.
Job Description Detail:
- Continue to advocate for the social/emotional needs of the children COTN serves as well as increase education and understanding of working with a traumatized population of children (being a trauma informed organization).
- Assist in the social/emotional assessment of COTN’s implementing countries and with social welfare annual goal setting and budgeting processes in each country, as outlined, in order to meet standards and reach identified social welfare end result.
- Assist implementing staff in development/oversight of social welfare related projects, as needed.
- Receive incoming critical issues reports, as well as file (storage), track statistics, and facilitate any needed follow up or support on critical issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive VP, liaisons, international development departments, and appropriate volunteers to develop and write social welfare training modules.
- Identify and develop relationships/partnerships with mental health professionals, qualified lay counsellors and other social welfare/counseling agencies with the aim of mobilization for continued development and training.
- Oversee social welfare department budget.
- Assist with ongoing edits and development of social welfare standards of service (as needed), criteria for evaluation, formal assessments, training opportunities, and best practice development.
- Develop additional children protection and general social welfare materials for staff.
- Assist implementing staff with coordination of holistic care services in Homes, VPP, and University/Vocational programs.
- Travel to COTN countries, as needed, to provide updated materials, training, participate in assessment of standards, and observe current Social Welfare work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters degree preferred (minimum Bachelor’s degree) in counseling, social work, child development (preferred) or closely related field.
- Some clinical experience working with traumatized children and their families.
- Working understanding of the effects of trauma on child development.
- International/cross cultural experience preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Humble, disciple of Christ.
- Empathetic, flexible, and relational.
- Professional writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach, train, work independently and be self-motivated.
Apply at: https://cotn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77