Director of Development
Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) is a nonprofit organization with a $1.1M annual budget focused on empowering and supporting individuals at risk or affected by kidney disease, and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. Providing innovative and life-sustaining prevention, education, and direct assistance programs in a 42-county service area, TKF is a vital community resource. TKF staff members work collaboratively as a team to ensure that inclusion and compassion for clients and the public are at the center of their work.
TKF seeks a highly motivated, strategic thinker with a passion for connecting people to an organization’s mission and programs. The experienced fundraiser is responsible for all development efforts with a focus on individual fundraising and an eye towards diversifying the sources and percentages of contributed funds. The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional and ethical conduct, integrity, and accountability; possesses an entrepreneurial spirit; and is excited to join a thriving organization poised for future growth and community impact.
The Director of Development reports directly to the CEO and works with the staff and Board of Directors to develop strategies for fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, annual campaigns, grants, individual donor campaigns, major gift campaigns, planned giving and special events. The Director of Development is responsible for establishing and implementing strategies to meet short- and long-term goals for each revenue source in accordance with the TKF Strategic Plan.
- Serve as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions regarding TKF’s revenue development and diversification strategies and hold primary responsibility for meeting revenue goals.
- Establish all campaign goals and objectives to meet overall organizational revenue goals and be held accountable for meeting them.
- Lead the planning and execution of each special event with the support of the CEO, volunteer committees, and TKF Staff and hold responsibility for meeting revenue goals. Events include an annual gala, golf tournament, and walk.
- Research grant prospects, prepare grant proposals, and generate related reports in collaboration with TKF Staff.
- Analyze overall performance of fundraising campaigns and events; Provide reports for board/committee meeting and as requested.
Donor Relations and Cultivation
- Build, sustain, and manage donor relationships.
- Expand the portfolio of prospects, donors, and corporate partners through prospect research, identification and cultivation of new donors, and stewardship of current donors.
- Create, implement, manage, and assess a comprehensive donor relations plan for existing donors that includes opportunities to cultivate new donor relationships.
- Responsible for content development for all donor and stewardship communications, gift acknowledgements, return on investment reports, annual reports, and stewardship.
- Supervise Event Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator (AC) positions and delegate projects and assignments.
- Supervise contract Data and Events Assistant and delegate projects and assignments.
- Manage graduate student interns in appropriate fields of study to provide support for special events, fundraising campaigns, and administrative projects.
- Provide leadership and management of special event committees.
Branding and Marketing
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to create and maintain a branding strategy that supports fundraising activities.
- Coordinate and obtain compelling program client testimonial statements and videos.
- Manage social media and electronic communications strategy and implementation plan to engage constituents and increase fundraising.
- Maintain a library of print and digital marketing materials.
- Attend and provide reports and updates for Executive Committee and Board Meetings.
- Serve as a staff representative on Income Diversification, Partnerships & Outreach, and Brand Awareness committees; representative on other strategic committees as required.
- Prioritize and pursue professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years’ experience in revenue development. Verified track record of meeting or exceeding measurable fundraising goals, ideally within organizational budgets of $1,000,000+ or raising more than $500,000annually.
- Superior relational development skills.
- Experience providing support, motivation, and direction to staff and volunteers.
- Understands and has direct experience in nonprofit board management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office programs, Wordpress, donor databases, and social media platforms.
TKF currently has a flexible hybrid remote and in-person work environment. The Director of Development will work a minimum of two days per week in-person or as needed to meet the responsibilities of the role. Specific schedules will be coordinated with the candidate selected for this position.