Changing the Conversation Together (CTC) is an innovative organization that uses Deep Canvassing to grow a compassionate, inclusive electorate. Our canvassing helped flip Staten Island in 2018, Pennsylvania in 2020, and Georgia in 2021. And we’ve built a community of trained volunteers dedicated to learning, disseminating, and expanding this work. Our campaigns have been featured in the NY Times, the Nation, WNYC/NPR, The American Prospect, NowThisNews, and the book Politics Is For Power.
CTC is looking to hire and train Community Organizers
We’re seeking dynamic leaders with strong relationship-building skills to serve as community organizers in the Philadelphia area. This full-time position is fast-paced, fun, and will require your all. The job includes intensive training in the skills of effective organizing; provides opportunities for professional growth; entails working with committed volunteer leaders; and will develop your expertise in the most effective form of voter engagement ever measured. With the skills you gain, you will play a key role in building a progressive future in swing states.
We are looking for motivated candidates who bring:
- Strong interpersonal and social skills
- Experience with volunteer recruitment
- Ability to work with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, curiosity, and genuine interest in others
- Willingness to learn and constantly improve; ability to work independently, and also as part of a team
- Comfort speaking and listening in front of groups; ability to teach and tell a good story
- Willingness to work in the field, including some evening and weekends
- A driver's license, and the ability to get around town
- Passion for constructively countering the forces of demagoguery, violent extremism, and voter suppression
- Dedication to the practice of year-round organizing
- Extra skills sought (not required) include: Fluency in Spanish, and/or experience with data analysis
- Living in or knowledge of Philadelphia area is a major plus
Applicants should reside in the Philadelphia area or be willing to relocate or spend 75% of their time there. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous & People of Color, and women to apply.
This is a full-time job with full benefits and annually accrued vacation.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization.
Interested parties should send a resume, and communicate why you’re interested and qualified, to CTC Director Adam Barbanel-Fried at.