Part-Time Development Assistant
Through healing, education, and love, the(ASYV) empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world.
The part-time Development Assistant will be responsible for the administrative processes related to fundraising. Most crucially, they will manage the communication and record-keeping processes related to donations received. Additionally, the Development Assistant will conduct research and assist the Managing Director with scheduling.
The part-time Development Assistant reports to ASYV’s Managing Director. The assistant’s salary will be hourly and commensurate with experience.
This job is remote, but the assistant must be based in New York.
- Enter and code donations in database.
- Prepare and share weekly gift reports with staff and committee.
- Manage donor acknowledgement process.
- Record staff communications with donors in Raiser’s Edge actions.
- Assist in the development of the annual report.
- Schedule meetings.
- Conduct research on nonprofit administrative best practices.
- Organize and maintain development and Board/committee communications databases including Constant Contact and BoardEffect.
- Maintain and analyze gift and donor data.
- Support New York team with research and presentations as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; experience with Raiser’s Edge or comparable database a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers
- Interest in the work of the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village and dedication to its Core Values
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to. Due to the volume of applications, we will be unable to respond to every application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to building a diverse staff and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Qualified candidates of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions.