Senior DevSecOps Engineer
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join our pricing team. The role is based out of the Berlin office and will report our Platform Engineering Manager. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
We're searching for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer who can help us “”. You will own the overall security best practices, recommendations, and processes at sennder. You will proactively work with multiple stakeholders to find out business needs and empower overall security topics within our organization.
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Work with internal and external teams during RFQ/Tendering processes where security topics are concerned.
- Work with security standards bodies to help ensure we are compliant with industry-recognized best practices.
- Integrate security best practices directly into our CI and CD pipelines
- Work with the Product Management team to solve security issues in the design of new features.
- Make regular recommendations to engineering leadership with the biggest risks, strongest advantages, best practices we should use, standards, and recommended actions at the code, infrastructure, and policy level.
- Managing the daily implementation and operation of the IT security strategy.
- Develop and implement actions to ensure service continuity during in particular security breaches or disaster recovery scenarios.
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organization at all times.
- Help engineers translate legal requirements into technical ones
- Lead sennder through certification processes
- Management of device inventory, access policies, configuration, and threat mitigation.
- Work with the entire sennder organization to establish security best-practices and ensure compliance.
- Design and own tools to help our entire organization stay secure in an effort-efficient way.
- Running internal security audits and risk assessments.
- Provide supplier risk analysis
- Review accounts and access rights at regular intervals
PREFERABLY YOU ARE…
- Someone who has strong collaboration skills with many stakeholders. We need someone who can bring teams together and rally around security practices, not simply check conformity to a list of rules.
- Have experience with SaaS and PaaS, and fluent in major AWS concepts
- Have knowledge of IaC solutions like Terraform is a bonus
- Have experience hardening web applications
- Have experience automating and integrating security operations into DevOps processes
- Experience securing containerized web applications
- Strong written and verbal English Language skills
- Able to help sennder accurately represent our security through an RFQ/Tendering process with customers, third party vendors, or any other entity.
- Experience administering and setting policies for enterprise accounts such as Azure Active Directory
- Experience administering GSuite
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “ ” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.