One of our top financial clients is seeking a REMOTE DevOps Specialist. The DevOps Specialist will be responsible for L2 support for all core investment infrastructure, applications, services, and workload automation processes within the firm's Asset Management Technology group. The individual will need to have multiple skillsets oriented in both production services and DEVOPS methodologies working towards ensuring application functionality and reliability are aligned with the business's needs. They must understand corporate monitoring tools as well as incident, problem, and change management practices.
NOTE: This role is starting out as a 6 month contract with the possibility for extensions.
- 8+ years of relevant DevOps experience
- Experience in process workload automation and some programming or scripting skillset (SQL or PowerShell preferred)
- Background in DevOps methodologies to be able to develop and support CD/CI projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with problem management or collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT and ServiceNow
- Exposure to cloud compute platforms
- Financial industry experience
- Production Support of applications and infrastructure to support Investment Management and Middle Office lines of business.
- Support release management using change management methodology
- Provide L2 troubleshooting for issues related to IT infrastructure and automated business processes
- Incident management, wellness checks and regular application maintenance
- Use of monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Moogsoft AIOPS, Cloud Prober, GIT and Service Now for daily activities in troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Development, maintenance, and support of workflows using workload automation tools to automate business processes.
- Work with team members such as BA's, Developers, and DBA's on strategic projects related to process automation and technology infrastructure
- Understand standard suite of software used in investment management enterprise and be able to provide support to staff