Ux / Front-end Developer
We at Dojo4 are hiring a part-time contractor to steward the UX and frontend (primarily CSS) for a payment web app that’s part of our client’s airspace monitoring system. However, there is the possibility of other work on this and other projects.
We need someone to collect and synthesize UX requirements; to design the UX that satisfies those requirements; and to develop and maintain the app's CSS (and a little bit of its HTML) to ensure the UX is implemented as designed (you'll have help for implementing interaction in JS).
The high-level UX strategy is to minimize the time users spend in the app and to steer them towards automating bill payment. Of the apps in the airspace monitoring ecosystem, the payment app is the most customer-facing and is more vulnerable to negative outcomes from UX bugs (you know, cause people are all weird about unexpected things happening with their money), so the design/esthetic is minimal and streamlined through an iterative design process with the stakeholders. And although the UI is written in Nuxt, Vue and/or Nuxt experience is definitely not necessary. You won't be held back by not having prior knowledge of the aviation industry or payment processors either. There will always be someone close by that can answer questions or come alongside you when shit gets mind-bendy. We plan for all that.
- Do UXing
- Read and write SCSS/SASS/CSS
- Be a good steward of and improve this app's site-wide styles to make sure they're consistent, responsive, mobile-friendly, etc
- Use Github and our internal project management tool (custom Redmine)
- Be responsive in chat when you're actively working on the project
- Try to respond in chat in < 24hrs when you're not actively working on the project (we realize you'd be part-time)
- Define your out-of-office hours and actually enjoy them; autonomy and work-life balance are maximum important to us
- AWS - mostly EC2, RDS, ECS, SQS, S3
- 40 - 80 hours / month for a few months
- remote or at the Dojo4 office in Boulder, CO are both fine
- 5-15 min check-ins on MWF at 11am MST
- 30-45 min client meeting Tuesdays at 10:30am MST
- Optional daily standups at noon MST for the whole co-op
Dojo4 is a member-owned tech cooperative that prioritizes purposeful work for our members and contractors. We gravitate towards projects that provide meaningful work in the type of technology or design problem being solved, as well as the social or environmental issues that it addresses. We enjoy creative, unconventional and cross-disciplinary thinking. Dojo4 has been honored asand for several years running. We are a woman-led, cooperative with a diversity of cultures, neurotypes and family make-ups among our members, and are committed to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and welcoming contractors and members indiscriminate of age, physical or cognitive ability, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, and gender identity. Please do not hesitate to apply, nor to tell us how we can do and be better.
Contractors are eligible to apply for co-op membership after 6 months of contract work.