Nonprofit Partnerships Associate (Remote)
FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $3 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 4 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 95+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the Role
FreeWill is seeking a Sales Development Representative to play an integral role in increasing our nonprofit partnerships across the country. As a company, we place a premium on learning and development to help propel careers. You will gain exposure to industry leaders and experienced mentors from diverse backgrounds, including sales, social entrepreneurship, and nonprofit development.
This is a full-time role with the opportunity to work fully remote (your hours will be based on EST).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the FreeWill product and value proposition
- Research, identify and create new sales qualified leads (SQLs) within target accounts and territories for account executives
- Building your own prospect lists based on our ideal customer profiles
- Serve as the first point of contact for new business relationships in outbound communications
- Become an expert in your target nonprofit sector including a thorough understanding of fundraising strategies
- Methodically manage an accurate sales funnel while supporting senior account executives to meet quarterly revenue goals
- Experience working on a SaaS business development team or in the nonprofit fundraising space
- A desire to expand your career in sales
- Expert proficiency with all sales tools, including SalesForce, Sales Navigator, and SalesLoft
- Expert proficiency with organizing lead data
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including in persuasion and objection handling
- Excellent at working on teams and engaging with potential clients
- Comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Smarts, tenacity, and drive to learn more on a growing sales team while meeting your career development goals
In addition to our aim to help raise $1T for high impact nonprofits and a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development: We’ll cover up to $1,000 annually in expenses related to trainings, books, online resources, or conferences that will make you better at your job (i.e a Salesforce conference) or improve the FreeWill community (i.e. books on anti-racism).
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.