For almost 50 years, Covenant House has served and advocated for youth and young families experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, and exploitation. Our overarching goal is to end homelessness among youth and young families by helping them achieve housing stability, heal from trauma, tap into their innate resilience, and hone their interests and skills to forge new pathways to independence. This work is carried out across Covenant House sites in 31 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Reporting to the SVP, Operations and Site Support, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for providing project management and other support to the Covenant House International (CHI) Operations department.
- Schedule and project manage all meetings for the Operations Department, developing agendas, preparing presentations, managing virtual meeting platforms, compiling and sharing meeting materials, recording action items and updating and maintaining trackers
- Build out and maintain a file sharing system in SharePoint and transition content in the shared Operations folders
- Ensure proactive information sharing and planning by developing and project managing systems to plan and track CHI cross-departmental communications blasts to sites and CHI staff visits to sites
- Maintain the CHI Master Site Contact List and all folders and files related to site boards
- Maintain all Operations Department trackers, project managing to ensure updates are made across team members in a timely manner, and transition trackers from google to smartsheet as needed
- Prepare and project manage the development and distribution of the bimonthly Site Communications email and other site communications
- Project manage CHI’s site webinar series including scheduling webinars, prepare and provide logistical support to presenters, manage webinar platform and provide technical assistance to attendees, prepare all event materials and arrange interpreters and translation for participants from Latin America
- Project manage and contribute content to biweekly meetings of the Emergency Response Working Group, scheduling meetings, managing group contact list, and preparing meeting agendas and materials and assist with identifying site needs for personal protective equipment (PPE), medicine and medical supplies for donations to sites
- Project manage the CHI Board Program Committee meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, maintaining contact lists, and managing calendar events and phone and virtual meeting platforms
- Co-lead the logistical planning and execution of CHI-sponsored retreats, think tanks/labs, round tables, etc.
- Prepare and project manage the updating and distribution of the CHI Unifying Policies
- Prepare check requests for Operations vendors and maintain consultant trackers
- Support all site ERM assessment activities and related reporting
- Become and maintain certification as a Smartsheet certified user and provide training and support to others in the CHI Operations Department
- Support execution of CHI fundraising events
- Other duties/projects as needed/assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Action oriented and ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities
- Sound judgment and emotional intelligence
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Tech savvy; proficient in both Microsoft and Google suites
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred
- Mission driven orientation with exceptional partnership and collaboration skills and a strong commitment to Covenant House’s cause
Minimum Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, nonprofit administration, or program related field
- 3 or more years of experience in non-profit program administration, ideally with youth experiencing homelessness
- Experience planning and managing both in-person and virtual retreats and/or events required
Our critical mission demands that we have all voices at the table. A team of diverse people, perspectives, and experiences is smarter, stronger, and more effective for our young people. At Covenant House, every team member is valued, respected, heard, and supported, and we welcome honest and courageous self-reflection on any aspects of our work that are based on biased or outdated viewpoints. We deliberately create opportunities for our staff to grow and thrive.
Covenant House International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: CHI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CHI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, family or parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CHI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. If you are fun, dynamic, and hardworking, come join our awesome international team in an organization with a heart!
Our offices are located in Manhattan, however, this position will be remote for the foreseeable future.