Director of People and Administration
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Let’s Get Ready (LGR) envisions a future when students from all socioeconomic backgrounds have the support they need to attain a college education. Through an innovative program model that stands apart from other college access and success programs, LGR serves more than 13,000 students annually from Philadelphia to Maine, and engages more than 150 college students as paid near-peer coaches, most of whom are former participants in the program. There is no nomination process or academic requirements for participation in Let’s Get Ready programs. Any student who expresses interest is eligible for services, with students from low-income backgrounds or who are first-generation-to-college given priority. Overall, 89% of LGR students are students of color, 80% are eligible for free or reduced price lunch, and 71% are the first in their family to attend college. All components of the organization’s programs are designed with this population and the requisite cultural competence in mind.
To learn more about LGR’s program model and impact, please see our latest.
Let’s Get Ready has been in operation for nearly 25 years; the organization has an annual budget of $3 million and a staff of 18, who work remotely but have access to office spaces in New York City and Boston. Traditionally we have served students in our Northeast footprint - from Pennsylvania to Maine - but with the recent pivot toward a fully virtual program model we now serve students in 22 states across the country. We have just launched a Strategic Plan outlining a roadmap for growth and impact, including significant increases in students served and growing the team of full-time staff to 29. We aim to serve 25,000 students annually by 2025, which will almost double the number of students served on an annual basis. These increases will include students in our existing hubs: Greater Boston, New York City, and Philadelphia, as well as significant growth in students from rural communities, and other geographies across the country. We are simultaneously focused on increasing the revenue, visibility and focus on values necessary to support this future growth.
For more information, visit
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of People and Administration will play a key role in the growth of LGR by centering clarity and equity in all policies and processes, ensuring financial and geographical compliance and risk management, and focusing on efficient and scalable internal operations which are responsive to programmatic priorities and meet the needs of all full- and part-time staff.
Human Resources and Talent Management
- Work with the management team to promote and steward an adaptive people-centered culture for the full employee lifecycle focused on strong employee performance and engagement, driving towards equity and social justice, and professional learning.
- Serve as primary liaison with TriNet, LGR’s Professional Employment Organization (PEO).
- Lead all aspects of our human resources for full- and part-time staff, including:
- Ensure all practices and processes reflect our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Serve as point person for HR compliance and stay up to date on relevant employment laws, including:
- Background check requirements
- State-level compliance as LGR expands geographically
- Maintain and ensure consistent implementation of employee handbook, personnel files and HRIS.
- Manage on-boaridng and off-boarding process.
- Oversee and continually develop employee compensation packages.
- Support the annual Performance Evaluation process.
- Conduct benefits audit and current compensation and make policy recommendations for improvements or increased clarity for each.
- Ensure employee policies and experience are responsive and adaptable to changing personnel preferences and business needs related to remote work.
- Oversee and collaborate to implement employee events, such as trainings, retreats, and annual holiday gathering.
- Manage employee professional development; support goal setting and budgets related to this area
Technology and Office Infrastructure
- Oversee office infrastructure including both the physical and virtual workplace; ensure all employees have the hardware and software they need to work productively.
- Oversee third-party facility vendors that provide facilities maintenance, IT support, and other goods and services.
- Ensure maintenance and integrity of the computer network and e-mail system.
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of new and/or upgraded equipment and ensure vendors of capital equipment are efficient and meeting our needs.
- Ensure all operational systems and procedures are up-to-date and managed smoothly and professionally.
- Apply a DEI lens in the selection and retention of all vendors.
- Oversee and negotiate the office lease and any leasehold improvements; optimize workspace layout and accommodations.
- Supervise an operations manager, to be hired in 2022.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships including cleaning, security, software, insurances, supplies and services.
- Manage ongoing organizational business relationships to ensure delivery of contractual obligations.
- Support review and approval of all LGR’s contracts, including new program partnerships.
- Oversee document retention in compliance with applicable city, state and federal regulations, and internal organizational policies.
- Continually identify areas of organizational risk and work with CEO to resolve.
- Serve as support to CEO for annual Audit and tax preparation with goal to own process in the future.
- Support annual budgeting process.
- Support financial reporting internally and externally, including preparation and reporting on grant budgets.
- Serve as primary liaison between LGR and external accounting service on monthly reconciliations and transition to Quickbooks.
- Develop and manage annual operations calendar, including annual state registration renewals, insurance renewals, etc.
- Proactively create and disseminate organizational communication related to operations, safety and compliance.
- Serve as project manager for special initiatives, as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Deep belief that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment will produce the greatest impact for LGR’s students
- Demonstrated ability to build respectful, productive relationships with team members and communities of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
- A genuine passion for, understanding of, and commitment to LGR’s mission
- Alignment with
- At least 5 years of experience in HR, talent and / or operations management;
- Demonstrated experience with and / or comfort with organizational change management and growth;
- Thorough understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, the office equipment, recordkeeping systems, management information systems, and related protocols used by LGR;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong internal customer service orientation with an ability to work productively with team members across the organization in a virtual environment;
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Preference for NYC or Boston, but candidates outside of LGR’s geographic footprint will be considered; remote work for the time being due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$100,000 - $120,000 with excellent benefits and a flexible working environment. Salary commensurates with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Director of People and Administration” in the subject line. Please include your gender pronouns and tell us how you learned about this role.
Let’s Get Ready is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. We especially encourage applications from candidates who represent the communities we serve.