Software Engineer - Java
Title - Software Engineer (Junior and Senior roles)
Client location is Boise ID but the candidate can work 100% remotely.
This person will develop Java-based web applications & APIs for a profitable e-commerce site in a startup atmosphere. The development team uses Agile/Lean development methodologies (a mix of Scrum and Kanban) which requires close collaboration among developers, devops, product management, and other non-technical organizations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create interactions with the database through a persistence layer.
- Implement best practices with regard to security and PCI compliance.
- Maintain existing code by fixing bugs found in production.
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end tests for new features or bug fixes.
- Perform code reviews and ensure quality of code is maintained to high standards.
- Participate in daily standups with team members to give status on projects.
- Experience writing production software, experience mentoring other developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns. Experience with test frameworks (Selenium, Junit, Mockito). Collaborate with a variety of teams including Development, DevOps, Product, Warehouse, etc.
- Strong Java skills - knowledge of Generics, Collections, Networking. Working knowledge of Git. Java/Tomcat web application development - understanding of HTTP request / response cycle.
- Ability to construct and execute advanced SQL queries. Experience with JPA-based ORM technologies.
- JMS architecture.
- Proficient using Unix/Linux-based OS. Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Agile development experience (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- User interface design and development experience for web applications.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL).
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, Mongo, Dynamo, Redis).
- Experience building microservices based architectures.
- Experience with a CI/CD development process.
Note: At this point of time we are unable to sponsor visa
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS)is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status- provided by Dice