Digital Advertising Project Manager/Account Executive-Remote
THE DIGITAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (AE) is responsible for daily contact between the agency and multiple client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to complete projects on behalf of his/her clients. This includes coordination with the design department, editorial/writing, digital, estimating/accounting, media partners, as well as external vendors.
The AE may work in one or more of Lightstream’s three verticals, Finance (Banks, Credit Unions, and Financial Services), Healthcare (Hospitals and Health Systems) and Education (Universities). This is dependent on past experience as well as current hiring needs.
Successful AEs are self-motivated, have a good understanding of “the bigger picture” and can work well under pressure and with quick turnarounds/deadlines. Throughout a given day, an AE may touch 8-10+ different projects and is able to move quickly and make sound judgement calls.
This position will be heavily focused on Digital Adverting projects but may also work on more traditional projects when time allows. It’s helpful to have past experience in digital (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO, SEM, Display advertising) and be comfortable with planning campaign strategies for client, as well as reporting on results in layman’s terms. This position is not hands-on with setting up campaigns and daily optimization of campaigns.
Traditional project work for an AE may vary from simple projects (print ads, brochures, radio scripts, billboards, etc.) to multi-channel/omni-channel campaigns, or long-form content (magazines, reports, etc.). AEs may also have major input in developing strategic marketing plans or complex campaigns for some clients. After marketing/campaign plans are developed and presented/proposed to clients, the AE is responsible for executing the plan on a daily basis for their clients.
AEs are also responsible for gaining new business from their clients by earning their trust and becoming valuable partners. The AE is expected to go beyond a simple order taker by offering sound advice, delivering responsive service, and exceeding expectations for quality. AEs are not salespeople; so they will not be asked to cold call for new business. However, they are expected to grow existing client relationships.
This position reports to the Director of Client Services.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients. This position will have a heavy focus on digital campaigns/projects. Client assignments are subject to change, depending on staffing/client needs.
- Stays on top of clients’ projects (and ahead of deadlines) by working closely with our writers, designers, developers, and other creative team members. AE is responsible for relaying progress to the client and keeping our creative team on schedule. Excellent time management and communication skills are required.
- Meets with clients (in-person, via phone, or video) to determine scope of new projects/campaigns, asks relevant questions and gathers needed information, and produces detailed creative briefs back to our creative team to properly execute on.
- Effectively presents all agency work/proposals/concepts to clients; May support Sales team (Account Managers/Business Developers) in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments/updates. This may be done through a weekly status call (or regular check-ins) with clients.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails. NOTE: Due to the nature of our business and our west coast clientele, after hours replies are expected.
- Coordinates with Creative and Digital teams to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Acts as a “Brand Guardian” for assigned clients, ensuring the client preferences are followed for logos, colors, photography, typefaces, voice, tone, style, terminology, product and service names.
- Oversees execution of approved programs. This may include coordinating print and mail, social media campaigns, paid digital campaigns (Google/Microsoft), organic SEO campaigns, omni-channel campaigns, video, radio, and more.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, design, and coordinates client approval of same. Provides rationale to clients for design and provides clients with clear choices.
- Informs Director of Client Services regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves Director of Client Services and/or Account Manager immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts to grow accounts.
- Keeps back-up AE informed of client activities, in case client coverage is needed.
- Acts as a back-up AE on other accounts, to provide coverage for other AEs.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions, conferences, etc.
Requirements for the position:
· Minimum of two years of relevant experience. We define relevant experience as a position in the digital advertising realm that required client communication and project management skills that would be directly transferrable to the described position at Lightstream.
· Drive and self-motivation. We work hard and we work fast – we expect our team members to hit the ground running and provide value to our clients quickly.
· Excellent client relations skills. Experience working successfully in client-facing roles will be prioritized.
· Excellent communication, time management, organization, and attention to detail.
· A team player. We’re looking for adaptable, positive people who will pitch in and assist wherever needed to help their team members and the agency succeed.
· Experience and proficiency in Digital Advertising – Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Geofence/Programmatic platforms, SEO, SEM, Display, Remarketing, YouTube, and Social Media advertising.
· Skilled in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as making Adobe PDF mark-ups.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off (unlimited after 3 years)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Life/disability insurance
- Assistance with establishing Emergency Fund
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- advertising/marketing agency: 2 years (Preferred)
- project manager/account executive: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19