The Content Writer will play a key role in the development of company-wide communications including but not limited to blog posts, social content, marketing collateral, and internal and external marketing campaigns. The role will have national visibility supporting various departments including Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources, Operations, and Senior Leadership.
Location: Remote - preferably East Coast time zone
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit, proof, maintain content assets for online and offline channels that make the technical more approachable, the complicated more understandable, and the abstract more tangible.
- Content audits of existing content sources to drive consistency in structure, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Establish writing and content standards to guide others when content development may be distributed to local resources.
- Use SEO content development best practices to optimize web channels for search engine ranking.
- Help define and build branding and identity guidelines.
- Collaborate with design team to integrate user experience and visual design with content delivery.
The candidate must be an expert writer with a developed skill at grasping the needs of the audience and structuring content accordingly. The candidate will work with design, IT, and subject-matter experts to develop accurate, useful, and clear content assets—appropriate for all forms of communication—to deliver the intended user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communication, journalism or a related field with proven relevant experience.
- Experience of minimum five (5) to (10) years working in communications, preferably in healthcare, technology a bonus.
- Experience in writing for web and online communications, and web content delivery best practices.
- Strong communication, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19