The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an experienced volunteer manager to support our global network of volunteers and policy-makers - our Ambassadors - as they help us to achieve a living future that is culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. The role of the Ambassador Program Manager is to recruit and train Ambassadors and manage an effective global “Living Future Network'' made up of individual volunteers in the US and internationally.
The past decade has not seen enough progress toward addressing global climate change and social justice. We are reaching a point where the next decade will see changes to our ecosystem, health, fresh water supplies and climates at an unprecedented level. ILFI’s mission is to use our visionary programs, standards, research and tools to challenge architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors and communities to help change the course of climate change and social justice through revolutionary transformation and towards true sustainability in the built environment.
The Ambassador Program drives the audience for ILFI’s mission, initiatives and programs by enhancing our community standing and visibility and facilitating deepening engagement among key stakeholders and global communities. Our elite Ambassadors are individual volunteers who are passionate practitioners and advocates for ILFI Certifications. Their primary volunteer service to ILFI is to deliver presentations and coordinate with the ILFI Business Development team to grow awareness and adoption of ILFI Certifications. Each year our Ambassadors conduct hundreds of presentations on ILFI’s twelve programs in more than 70 nations reaching thousands of professionals in the built environment.
- Identify, recruit and train volunteer leaders to achieve Ambassador status
- Develop the annual strategy, budget, goals and objectives for the Ambassador Program in collaboration with Director of Business Development
- Develop, maintain and evaluate volunteer agreements and handbooks
- Develop and maintain all digital platforms and databases necessary to support the Ambassador program in collaboration with the IT team.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the volunteer application process
- Manage Ambassador summits and meet-ups
- Track following activities in Salesforce, and generate activity reports on a monthly basis
- Identify, develop and maintain appropriate online systems for volunteer marketing activities
- Develop, maintain, and report CEU’s (continuing education units) for Ambassador presentations
- Create business development collateral for use by Ambassadors to share ILFI’s products and services with audiences, including Powerpoint presentations, sign-in sheets, and other collateral as required
- Coordinate Ambassadors with business development managers for client presentations
- Lead regular calls for Ambassadors to report on business development activities
- Support the Director of Business Development to create a strategic vision for each Ambassador in key markets,
- Support the Director Business Development to grow potential partnerships in key markets, identifying and developing relationships with new organizational partners
- Coordinate with existing regional Collaborative organizations to engage Ambassadors and align with ILFI Business Development goals
- Exemplify ILFI’s Vision and Mission, and maintain knowledge of its strategy and programs
- Coordinate with the Communications team to share Ambassador stories
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with volunteers
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Collaborative organizations
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with ILFI colleagues across the organization
- Earn and maintain Living Future Accreditation and be able to communicate the value proposition of each ILFI program
- Earn and maintain CCVA Certification
- Join a professional development organization focused on volunteer management