Vp Data Science, Client Analysis
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology at Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and eCommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Socure is hiring a VP of Data Science - Client Analysis, to report directly to our SVP Head of Product and Data Science. This is a critical leadership role that partners in-step with the go-to-market team to drive revenue generation for Socure by ensuring that potential and existing customers can understand - through deep analysis - the benefit and value of Socure’s products throughout the pre and post sales cycle.
As the VP of Data Science - Client Analysis, you will be responsible for growing, scaling and leading the Client Analysis team which is the glue between our customers, our data team, and our commercial team.
This is a remote role, based anywhere in the US.
What You'll Do:
- You will own and drive the strategy and business plan for the Client Analysis team, consistent with company objectives
- You will play a critical role in structuring a Data Science organization that can withstand rapid scale
- You will lead and continue building a high-performing team of customer-focused data science modelers
- You will provide executive guidance and leadership across the Client Analysis team’s primary areas of ownership, which includes: end-to-end analysis for Proof-of-Concepts (POCs), analysis for customer Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), and Model Governance expertise
- You will develop internal frameworks, processes and training material for the team to leverage to ensure operational efficiency and consistency
- You will be Socure’s executive thought leader on the Data Science team in key customer calls, and should be comfortable presenting to C-Suite and Heads of Data Science on the client side
- You will serve as an industry thought leader and be responsible for participating in webinars and preparing conference presentations, publications and patent applications
- You will partner closely with GTM teams (Sales, Solution Consultants, Account Managers and Technical Account Managers) to derive creative ways of analysis and identify opportunities for upsell and product optimization
- You will serve as the primary point of contact for escalated requests from sales and data teams
- 10+ years of relevant experience in data science consulting or similar, with at least 3+ years in a leadership role, leading a data science team
- A solid background as a data science practitioner, with deep statistical analysis skills
- Proven experience responsibly scaling and inspiring a remote, distributed data science team
- Strong executive and leadership presence, with previous experience creating and delivering data-driven, technical presentations to an executive level audience
- Penchant for clear, concise, and impactful communication to either technical or business audiences
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, partnership management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and driving alignment from a team around a vision, setting goals and executing on projects to completion in autonomy
- Prior experience with Fraud/KYC/Compliance product suites is nice-to-have, but not required
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend