Social Media Specialist
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Social Media Specialist. This role will be a creative, data-oriented social media specialist who will create content and manage the social media presence of multiple Direct Response brands in the health, beauty, and pet industries.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Establish, publish and grow social media presence for several celebrity and doctor-driven brands.
- Ideate, design, and create efficient, data driven content across various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Collaborate effectively with established marketing and customer service departments.
- Manage customer service satisfaction for assigned brands on social media, ensuring a positive and engaged community.
- Maintain a monthly content calendar and meet calendar deadlines.
- Establish a style guide based on brand image and stakeholder requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with email marketing, customer service, SEO and reputation management teams.
- Rely on data, not gut, to drive creative decisions.
- Develop innovative ways to gain authentic and engaged followers organically, including but not limited to, utilizing the brand’s robust customer and email list.
- Manage UGC & influencer relationships including sourcing UGC & influencers, coordinating product gifting, and measuring results from campaigns.
- Utilize social media accounts to promote sales and launches to gain extra traction.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 2-3+ years experience managing social media.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience managing multiple Direct Response brands in the
health, beauty, or pet industries
- Content creation in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Familiar with social media scheduling software such as Later
- Knowledge of community management software like Agorapulse
- Skilled in copywriting for social media, and able to switch effortlessly between different brand voices
- Experience with photography and editing a plus.
- Able to identify actionable insights from analytics
- Strong desire to learn and grow, not afraid to ask questions
- Experience working with influencers that can drive a 200% ROI
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA