Site Reliability Engineer, Trello
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Trello, you’ll work on keeping everything running efficiently as we scale our infrastructure from supporting over 35 million Trello users today towards our goal of 100 million users and maintaining our target of 99.99% uptime.
- Owning the infrastructure and pragmatically solving problems dealing with complex systems
- Working with developers to support the latest features in development, like Power-Ups, data pipeline improvements, and scalable microservices
- Contributing your insights across the team to help us improve or re-architect existing systems for scale and extensibility
- Contributing to new and existing compliance initiatives
- You've been in the trenches building highly scalable, efficient, and resilient systems
- You prefer lasting solutions, yet know the time and place for a quick hack
- You're excited about scaling the platform using technologies in our stack like MongoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Redis to handle massive quantities of data and users
- You’re comfortable deploying and monitoring the systems that you’ve built with tools like puppet, terraform, and nagios
- You’re a fast learner and can contribute from day one
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English
Our engineers and designers run the show with management existing to support, not dictate. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're strongly against separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall." Our SRE team shares on-call responsibilities with our backend developers.
Trello is entirely hosted in AWS and is built using node.js, MongoDB, Kafka, Redis, and ElasticSearch. We use Ubuntu, Puppet, Terraform, Nagios, Python, and Fabric to tie it all together.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our .