Grant Writer (Part-Time) - Nepal Education Organization
Sunsar Maya is a non-profit organization providing services in Nepal. Our mission is to build pathways out of poverty by improving the livelihoods of vulnerable children and women through holistic, community-based services. (More info on the org at the bottom of the post.)
Sunsar Maya is seeking an experienced individual to lead our grants program. We are a small team that works closely together, where every individual is integral to the success of the program. In addition to researching and writing grant proposals, this position will oversee every aspect of the grant lifecycle, including communicating with existing and potential funders, maintaining the grants calendar, and writing grant reports. The position is part-time at 30 hours/month.
- Research, prepare, and submit compelling LOIs, grant proposals, and grant reports
- Follow all requirements and deadlines for grant applications in a timely manner - if you thrive on waiting till the last minute, this will not be a good fit
- Maintain a grants calendar to monitor progress
- Communicate with potential institutional donors to create new relationships and strengthen existing relationships through ongoing communication
- Research and identify new funding opportunities
- Demonstrated success in identifying new grant opportunities and writing winning grant proposals
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to convey programmatic information to potential and existing funders
- Ability to work productively on your own
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and strategies for researching potential sources
- Excellent research, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with our team
- Experience writing grants for international development programs a plus, but not necessary
Salary, Hours, and Information:
Flexible 30 hours/month, with weekly meetings with the ED. Salary is $30-35/hour contract position (DOE). The grant writer is a remote position but can work and meet during pacific coast hours.
More about Sunsar Maya:
Sunsar Maya operates multi-function community centers in Nepal that include: an after-school tutoring and enrichment program for orphaned and endangered children; women’s literacy classes that build reading, math, and life skills; and a teacher training program that supports educators in rural villages. These services make up a multi-pronged and sustainable approach to addressing both the short- and long-term needs of a population that suffers from severe social and economic barriers. In addition, Sunsar Maya administers emergency relief efforts in Nepal, such as following the 2015 earthquakes and during the current Covid-19 crisis.